X

Project Save the Old Kats -- '93 resuscitation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by versicat View Post
    Unfortunately for me, I've got this horrible disorder; it manifests as an extreme boredom with anything that that works right and looks good. It has to have "potential" for me to be interested in it, and when I dump a ton of time and money into it to get it working right and looking good I am then mysteriously compelled to sell it for pennies on the dollar

Selling for pennies on the dollar, thought it was just me.

Comment

Count me in also....I tend to just give it away.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

This is also a good forum to join.

Comment

When I'm ready, I'll probably get my decals from TapeWorks. I'll measure my stock ones to make sure the sizing is right...

I'll be watching your labor of love...

At first I thought it was an early Kat...but it's a '93, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
            When I'm ready, I'll probably get my decals from TapeWorks. I'll measure my stock ones to make sure the sizing is right...

It's an '83 750.

Comment

Originally posted by versicat View Post
              It's an '83 750.

Ooooh! Now THAT'S worth the effort! SWEEEET!!!

There was one for sale last winter and I passed on it...750 same color scheme in NY. It made no sense to me to pick it up with my own 1100 apart...then again these types of decisions are not usually based one sense!

I think those bikes are some of the best looking everr made. Looking forward to seeing the transformation!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post

Forgot to thank you for the Tapeworks tip 👍🏼

Comment

Decals

These guys below are good I'm told.

Last edited by johnod; 04-28-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

OK, so big update.

I wanted to upgrade from the 750cc power plant to an 1100. I found a guy with one, but he wanted to sell all of his motorcycle stuff and didn't want to part it all out. Well, I drove out there, and I couldn't believe what he had. I grabbed the whole batch, and for a very reasonable price. Here's just a few of the goodies I got:

1327cc high performance GS motor. Don't know what all has been done, but a quick peek down the holes reveals very nice looking porting.

A nice looking GS1100 motor, stock:

Three very nice drags bikes, with a ton of high quality extras:

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. With this good fortune, I may even shoot for something closer to a restoration (as opposed to my rat-rod type bike plan).

Still have to catalogue all of the stuff. I see two sets of sidewinder pipes, a genuine Yosh pipe in good shape, another set of headers, boxes of Katana parts, an an extra GS motor (dunno what it is, but it's shaft drive so useless to me).

Comment

more pix of misc. sh*t I got:

Fast by Gast carbs built for the 1327cc motor:

Yosh pipe (I think):

cool drag wheels:

more to come, as long as I'm not too mess-shamed by y'all...

gotta' dig through this box... saw full wiring harness, aftermarket clip-ons, extra bank of carbs, various resets, etc..

more cool wheels. no idea what they are, but everything's super light:

Last edited by versicat; 04-28-2017, 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice set of flat slides..... keep those with the mated engine even if you sell the engine. You can't use them anywhere else...... Those aluminum twin spokes are rare as hell and worth some cash.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                          Nice set of flat slides..... keep those with the mated engine even if you sell the engine. You can't use them anywhere else...... Those aluminum twin spokes are rare as hell and worth some cash.
                          Thanks. I am not sure yet if I am going to use the race motor or the stock motor in the street Kat...

And those wheels are cool as hell. Love 'em.

Comment

I'd stick with the stock motor. Then build a drag bike....
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Holy stromboli!!! Dude - you got a lot of goodies!!!

Great find - considering this crap is 35 years old!

I'd lean towards restoring the 750 or at the very least doing a resto-custom with the stock 1100 motor in it. It's such a gorgeous bike when it's in its original form. It probably has the best lines of any bike ever made.

I'm tuned in...Keep the good stuff going!

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                                I'd stick with the stock motor. Then build a drag bike....
                                That's my gut too...

Comment

Working...
                                X