X

Vintage Kat tank modification fun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Kat tank modification fun

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 11:14 AM.

Looks great. I would like to make mine look like the old GSXR race tanks. The ones with the dual caps on it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

My Kat one. Not sure if it can be done though. Might not be enough room or metal to do it.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Damn, that is sharp. I always loved the way you fabricated the tank with the filler . It keeps the classic look but modern filler

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
          It could probably be done if it was slightly raised with a lip all the way around the edge of the fillers and it was set slightly forward on the tank. I think it would look great!
          I might have to find a spare tank and send it to you to play with.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

That looks great. Are you using the opening from another bikes tank and welding it into the Kat tank?
            1986 VF1000R
            1986 VF1000R
            1984 VF1000F
            1983 CB1100F
            1983 GS1100S Katana

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
            though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
            neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
            that knows not victory nor defeat."

Comment

I am not sure that a gixer had a dual filler but here is a couple of pix of old gixer tanks HS2020

Looking great Waltari! isn't this machine done yet???
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                This and the other tank are for two MORE 82 kats

Comment

The race tank is what I am talking about Thom. I do not think the stock bike you buy had them. I know the race bikes had them. Just think they are cool looking.
                  Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                  I am not sure that a gixer had a dual filler but here is a couple of pix of old gixer tanks HS2020

www.mopowersports.com

Comment

You did an awesome job, I want to see it painted!
                    sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedKatweazle View Post
                      You did an awesome job, I want to see it painted!
                      This is how my first one looked painted up. The one at the start of this thread is currently at the painter and the third one is welded, but I have some other plans for it before it gets final paint.

Comment

I am so jellous waltari!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                        X