Suppose they never

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

busa. +1

Comment

For the sport tourer in me, an sprint st, vfr, or a suzuki assuming they replace the kat with a more dedicated sport touring bike and it's not a piece of junk.

for the sport rider/hooligan in me, a gsxr 750 (exactly like bobkats ) or, assuming they replace the kat with the GSR, a GSR.

Although I have a sneaking suspiction that my next bike may be more budget minded (ie used) I pick up an old cb 750 (or similar) and go cafe racer with it.

but who knows. I'll probably keep the Kat until a situation out of my control forces me to sell.

Comment

Gotta go supermoto!

Comment

I'll always have the Kat,and maybe a couple of more when the deal is right,,but right now i'm feeling...a Triumph Sprint ST.or a Thruxton...Maybe both.

Comment

I hope i never sell my kat im only 16 and would love to keep my first street bike. I will probably buy a used Super sport 600 that suzuki is making in two-three years. Never plan on selling my baby tho.
            Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

one riding buddy has a VFR and the other just bought a z-1000, both great bikes, both powerful and comfortable, right now i dont even want to think about getting rid of my Kat

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I'd love an RC51, but in all likelyhood i'll just end up with another bike I find for cheap and end up keeping for a year or two.

Comment

I really like the z1000. Im toying with the idea of buying one that is for sale at the job next to mine. It is heavily modified and going for 5200. Absolutely gorgeous bike, but i cant relate to how it rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                    A lot of the members on this board have had their bike for a very long time....many of them wouldn't think of getting rid of them. The Kat may go away, but that will only make the ones still around more unique!
                    Couldnt have said it better myself Dennis..good call !

Even though 2006 is the last year for the Kat as we know it today, there's no way I can see myself without it. Its been too much a part of my life to even consider a thought about getting rid of it.... and even though one day I'll get another bike just because; it won't be at the expense of getting rid of the Kat that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      Even though 2006 is the last year for the Kat as we know it today, there's no way I can see myself without it. Its been too much a part of my life to even consider a thought about getting rid of it.... and even though one day I'll get another bike just because; it won't be at the expense of getting rid of the Kat that's for sure.
                      Yep, Suzuki's dropping the Kat.

Goodbye To A Legend.

Even when I get another bike I'll still keep the Kat.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hmmm. I'll have my bike for a few years yet.

But if I had the cash and was ready to upgrade, I'd be test-riding a Blackbird, a 'Busa, a FZ-1 and (for something rather different) a GSXR-750.
                        "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                          I hope i never sell my kat im only 16 and would love to keep my first street bike. I will probably buy a used Super sport 600 that suzuki is making in two-three years. Never plan on selling my baby tho.
                          One word of advice:
                          If there is any way under the sun to keep that first bike, do it. Even it means mothballing it when you have to (if you go overseas, join the military, etc). I've never met an older rider who didn't wish fondly that he still had his first bike around, even if it was just as a memory piece. I know I sure do...

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X