X

Search button for the win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search button for the win

Well I was putting on my new front turn signals when I decided I should go and change out my spark plugs. At first when I looked at them I was thinking to myself "How the $#*& do I pull those bad boys out with that bar in my way"

So being frustrated like I was especially from a long day at work and yet again crappy weather, I just put back on the fairings after only replacing the turn signal lenses.

So I came onto KR and decided to do a "search" on "spark plug change" and I ran into a topic where MD86 and MoJoe gave some great tips on how to do it easily without taking off the fairings.

So thanx again KR

Congrats!!

On a related note:

Comment

+1 on the appreciation to KR!

I changed mine at 4:45am one morning so I could ride it to work. I had to be there at 5:30. It did no take long at all.
      Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

You have to remove the cross bar but you dont have to take the tank off if your careful and do yourself a favor and check your tool kit for the spark plug wrench it will help , its damn narrow in the spark plug chamber area.Other than that its easyer than cleaning the airfilter......

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
          You have to remove the cross bar
          Nope , you just need an extension . It's a 20 minute job , I promise .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

At first glance it looks like a bit of a daunting task with all the fairings the kat has, the cross bar, the big gas tank, the whole 9...but once you break it down in your head and think for a few minutes, its not bad at all. And you save yourself ALOT of labor charges from your dealer.

Comment

Working...
            X