X

New project fighter 04 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
    In all honesty, i think that headlight looks horrendous. In my opinion streetfighters look best with a round headlight. It just looks empty to me with anything else. just my 2 cents, its your bike. As for the the cosmetics, your bike doesnt look half bad. If i were you I would focus your limited budget on the mechanical aspect. As an example:

Chain/Sprocket set ~$100-$150
    Tune up (plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter) ~ $80
    Tires ~ $150-$350
    Brake Fluid Flush ~ $20
    Fork Oil Flush ~ $20
    Rebuild Carbs ~ $150

That's $700 taking into account the most expensive prices. If you want to REALLY bring your bike to life, rebuild your suspension.

Racetech Springs, Cartridge emulators, dust covers, fork seals, fork oil ~ $400
    New rear shock or rebiult rear shock ~$50-$300

I understand the temptation to want to make it look all cool and stuff, but if you dump all your loot into asthetics, then when it breaks down what happens? You got a pretty bike parked because you cant afford to fix it. Make it reliable, then make it look pretty. In my opinion, get a better looking headlight and your 90% street fightered already.

Thanks for you honest opinion hard to find nowadays! also thanks for the info on the prices and what i need to do much appreciated. The headlight is very ugly but its unique and i want to try and make it work i think i could be cool

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    +1. Rule #1: bikes aren't cheap to own or build or repair. But, they are fun to ride and fun to mod. As long as you don't get carried away. Meh, on the light. At least it doesn't look like every shreetfighter build by KR members.
    YES! exactly recantly my trucks (95 f150) front rims rusted out and well it cracked the "spokes" broke off the rim only about one of the "spokes was holding the rim/tire to the hubs.... and well that was a pain in the arse to try and finding rims was kinda hard surprisingly
    Last edited by Lggsx750; 02-05-2015, 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maybe try fabricating some kind of cowl to fill the empty space?? I dunno. Might be tricky
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
        Maybe try fabricating some kind of cowl to fill the empty space?? I dunno. Might be tricky
        I have been thinking about what i want to do with it.... with making that cowl im not sure how i would make it look natural or good.... i said in a previous post on this that maybe moving it up might help it but i thought of turning it vertical so it will cover more of the junk behind it

Comment

This weekend did a bit of "Work" (if u wanna call it tha)t on my kat. I decided that i didnt like the bike being "murdered out" so i added a a slash of color. I used this stuff called Plasti Dip not sure if others have used it on this forum but its really cool stuff its like a spray on vinyl/rubber comes off with ease just peel and pull. I planned on doing both rims but no one in town had a 12mm allen key to get the front tire/rim off

Before

and the after

Its not nearly as bright red as it is in the pics its more of a maroon/ matte red i like not sure about it though....
          Last edited by Lggsx750; 02-17-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I plastidipped my bmw wheels this spring.Its helps to run coat or two of clear to give it more of a glossy appeal. but nice Kat tho. I just picked up one and Im starting a build. what tail light are you running?.
            93 Kat 750
            02 RAM 1500
            04 BMW X3
            ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

just browsing and saw a bike very similar on CL up for sale.. did you lay it down?.
              93 Kat 750
              02 RAM 1500
              04 BMW X3
              ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Working...
              X