X

Fairing Bolts HELP?!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing Bolts HELP?!!

Just recently bought a 1990 katana 600 and when i got it the plastics were all off it and i was handed a box of random bolts and they clearly aren't even for the bike at all, Does anyone know the bolt sizes and thread count? i found a fairing bolt kit on "Pro-bolt's" website i really just dont wanna spend $45 if i dont have to

If nobody can give you the info, just take a couple of the bolts to the hardware store. In the section where they sell nuts/bolts, they usually have a board with several different slots you can try to screw your bolt in to and find the correct thread pitch.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by green_bread View Post
      If nobody can give you the info, just take a couple of the bolts to the hardware store. In the section where they sell nuts/bolts, they usually have a board with several different slots you can try to screw your bolt in to and find the correct thread pitch.

Hope that helps!
      Thanks, thats what i was gonna do but i dont even have the actually bolts so alot of them done even screw in, unless they are all the same size cause the two bolts for the chin piece under the headlight are the right ones

Comment

Mostly m5 and m6 button heads. Think there may be a couple m4's in there but not many if at all.
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
          Mostly m5 and m6 button heads. Think there may be a couple m4's in there but not many if at all.

whats bout thread count?

Comment

Originally posted by 609njkatana View Post
            whats bout thread count?

They are standard size threads for the bolt size. In other words... most bolts your going to be looking for in reference to this use are typically only made with one sized thread. When there are options, those are pre determined and simply marked "course" or "fine".

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I just purchased this because I was in the same boat....

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

It worked perfectly and it has instructions on what bolt goes where.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsled View Post
                I just purchased this because I was in the same boat....

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

It kind of worked and it has instructions on what bolt goes where.
                Fixed that for you. I had bad luck with them. Some of the bolts didn't fit, and all of them have small heads. I think it was the pop rivets on the post kat set didn't work. But, in a pinch they still hold your fairings on.

Comment

Originally posted by lanerw View Post
                  Fixed that for you. I had bad luck with them. Some of the bolts didn't fit, and all of them have small heads. I think it was the pop rivets on the post kat set didn't work. But, in a pinch they still hold your fairings on.
                  i agree, they arnt very good IMHO. the rubber grommets don't last very long and the stupid plastic spacer washers break if you put them in to far, and the bolts also rust a bit (they stick to a magnet. SS bolts should not). i bought a set from eBay (the same thing) for my pre, and now i'm going to go buy a bunch of bolts from a hardware store and try and go back to the metal spacers that Suzuki originally had
                  if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                      i agree, they arnt very good IMHO. the rubber grommets don't last very long and the stupid plastic spacer washers break if you put them in to far, and the bolts also rust a bit (they stick to a magnet. SS bolts should not). i bought a set from eBay (the same thing) for my pre, and now i'm going to go buy a bunch of bolts from a hardware store and try and go back to the metal spacers that Suzuki originally had
                      Got them powdercoated so rust shouldn't be an issue. Everything else seems like no problems so far. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X