X

84 Pop-Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't really know how to load pictures into my garage but here are a few:

It's a little rough, and missing the stock mirrors, but it's reliable, fast enough, and unique. I've yet to meet another one on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
      The pop ups never came to the US, and only to Canada in very limited numbers (approx. 200). I know of four in the States, including mine.
      actually, you are incorrect on the numbers that made it to Canada. Canada imported much more than that. There is a Limited Edition model that produced 199 models (people assume there was 200, but they did not make a #13).

as for the regular models.....no limits to them. they sold as many as they sold, but I can't tell you what that number is. I have two right now...and 84 and an 86, and I also sold two in the past. plus if you add in the others from Canada on this forum that own them, that would be like saying KR members own at least 10% of all pop-ups....and I just don't think that is the case.

If yours was a limited edition, there would be a number on it ...and I don't see that number. I believe yours is just a regular model. with that said, nice bike!
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Thanks Mojoe, you are right. I was referring only to the special edition, maple leafed versions, completely forgetting about the silver 85/86 ones.

And you are correct, mine is just a regular 84 that came out of Japan. In fact, the labels under the seat that tell what tire pressures should be are all in Japanese script, unreadable by me.

Comment

totally sweet bike I'd climb all over it

Comment

Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
            Motorcycle pop-up head lights. Now that's gangster!
            sure is!!

Comment

Thanks Mojoe, you are right. I was referring only to the special edition, maple leafed versions, completely forgetting about the silver 85/86 ones.

And you are correct, mine is just a regular 84 that came out of Japan. In fact, the labels under the seat that tell what tire pressures should be are all in Japanese script, unreadable by me.
              you know, you could probably fetch a nice price for that in Japan. I heard they are the biggest market for the old kats right now. I would like to be able to advertise my 1100 over there just for the fun of it to see if it fetches any decent offers.

Comment

I've also got an 82 Kat thou that I'd be more willing to part with. They are more available in the states than the pop ups were, so replacing it wouldn't be too terribly difficult.

The pop up, in the other hand - not so much. I'd probably never see another one for sale, and if it was I definitely could not afford it. I paid way too much for this one (both in terms of dollars and marital stability) to let it go now.

Though it would be interesting to see what happened.

Comment

gotta love that vintage styling
                  sigpic
                  -Cory-
                  1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

It's a little rough, and missing the stock mirrors, but it's reliable, fast enough, and unique. I've yet to meet another one on the road.
                    I have a set of those mirrors...
                    1981 CB900F (silver)
                    1982 CB900F (blue)
                    1982 GS1000SZ Katana (silver)
                    1983 CB1100F (red)

Comment

Would love to get my hands on those mirrors if you are willing to part with them....

Let me know?

Comment

Would love to get my hands on those mirrors if you are willing to part with them....

Let me know?
                        bike bandit has them. I bought a new set of mirrors plus the license plate cover/light thingy. cost me under $100 with shipping included for all of it.

Comment

Could you send a link to the parts fiche that lists them? I looked everywhere I could think of for an 84 750 Pop up fiche but nothing doing on Bikebandit.

On CMSNL.com, however:

Items 18 and 19, however, the left side is unavailable. I believe they are in Denmark, so shipping would be pricey. And with the exchange rate being what it is, as of today, the left mirror is going to cost 58.25 USD, the right 53.15 USD. No way am I spending 120 bux on mirrors.

Comment

Could you send a link to the parts fiche that lists them? I looked everywhere I could think of for an 84 750 Pop up fiche but nothing doing on Bikebandit.

On CMSNL.com, however:

Items 18 and 19, however, the left side is unavailable. I believe they are in Denmark, so shipping would be pricey. And with the exchange rate being what it is, as of today, the left mirror is going to cost 58.25 USD, the right 53.15 USD. No way am I spending 120 bux on mirrors.
                            I just went and looked, and no way I can find it. it was there 2 years ago because I have 2 brand new mirrors still in the boxes that came from bikebandit...as well as the license place cover/light.

Comment

D'oh!!!!

Thanks for looking anyway.

BTW, wanna sell me yours?

Comment

I would kill for one of these bikes....
                                One day...

Comment

Working...
                                X