X

Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter

Building my first Fighter I love everything I see so far but need help with my headlight choice any suggestions?

This one looks sweet.

Acerbis cyclops as seen here.

If I had a fighter I'd use it.

Comment

I don't have any new suggestions but I don't like the one in the picture.

Comment

try trawling thru the fighter build threads here for ideas ..

we can suggest all sorts of ideas but none of us know your budget or building abilities, do you want just bolt on stuff ?? can you fabricate brackets ?

my slabby with a micro cruise light for dip beam and a driving light for main beam, 2x 5mm leds for side lights drilled thru the back of the reflector of the driving light

i stuck a B12 headlight on my naked GSX1100f after trying a pair of dominator lights so i could see where i was going
        Last edited by NiteMare; 09-27-2008, 05:43 PM.
        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

My skill level is comparable I have access to welders and am competent in building/fabricating. My budget is relatively unlimited I dont really want to spend more than 200 on my lights lol Ebay posts are much appreciated..I have looked through A LOT of the pics and posts but I really like most set ups...I would like to have a very bright set up however because I do a fair amount of night riding. thanks everyone who already posted...

I dont particularly like the cyclops Either, although I do revere your tail section...Tough Bike no Doubt...also dig those tails...Mod/deletion Suggest, make either blink with turn signals...thanks for the ideas though!
          Manik
          Originally posted by jday240 View Post
          Acerbis cyclops as seen here.

If I had a fighter I'd use it.
          Last edited by ManikMaster; 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ManikMaster View Post
            My skill level is comparable I have access to welders and am competent in building/fabricating. My budget is relatively unlimited I dont really want to spend more than 200 on my lights lol Ebay posts are much appreciated..I have looked through A LOT of the pics and posts but I really like most set ups...I would like to have a very bright set up however because I do a fair amount of night riding.
            Manik
            my lights aren't perfect for night riding but they aren't anywhere as bad as most of the masks/streetfighter units ...

the light pattern from either lamp isn't brilliant but is bright, i use the micro cruise as dipped beam then switch the bigger lamp in with it to give better range ( both lights are then on), still not perfect/ideal but acceptable and allows you to get a move on ....

my main light is an old bumper mounted driving lamp that i removed the mount from and made my own out of a piece of 2mm mild steel sheet so i could bolt it to the top yoke and used three small bolts thru the back of the housing so i could alter it's beam position...

i hung the microcruise bolted to the lower case, i then drilled and mounted 5x 3.5mm leds thru the top of the driving lamp ...

also hung my indies from the same case, total cost of the build including all components (28 English Pounds for the micro cruise lights, one pair of so i have a spare) came to less than 40 English Pounds, i'll guess that works out at around 80 - 85 U.S. ..

Maplins for led's, scrapyard for driving lamp, Halfords for the micro cruise lights, take your pick where you get indies from
            it just took a little planning to build
            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

I just ordered these for mine tonight.

It took me alot of searching with google to find the ones I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by GDogg007 View Post
                I just ordered these for mine tonight.

It took me alot of searching with google to find the ones I wanted.
                i hope you only want it for it's shape, not to actually see where you're going
                i've already thrown one of those in the bin as the lighting was so poor
                it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Yeah I aint plannin to keep the lighting as is. Those bulbs are only staying for 2 weeks then they are being replaced.

The whole package is nice and clean and small.

Comment

try IPF ...http://www.4by4connection.com/ipf900xsexdr.html
                    That's what my bike is wearing and light couldn't be more bright...
                    I was really lucky I found mine in a scrapyard....
                    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Pics of me build...

Here are some pics of my build...so far anyways...I have the rear fairings sissybar getting sand blasted and plan on the same as far as the fender and tank...also i want to add the bottom fairing and the windscreen needs to be blasted...
                      see attachments...
                      Manik
                      Attached Files

Comment

from the "Denim & leather" album.(1981)lyrics:She used to be an ironhorseTwenty years agoUsed to bring the mail to meThrough the ice and snowI've sat alone a...
                        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Looks good

Different look , Looks good
                          Last edited by XKillerEliteX; 10-21-2008, 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX View Post
                            Looks good

Different look , Looks good

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
                              try trawling thru the fighter build threads here for ideas ..

we can suggest all sorts of ideas but none of us know your budget or building abilities, do you want just bolt on stuff ?? can you fabricate brackets ?

my slabby with a micro cruise light for dip beam and a driving light for main beam, 2x 5mm leds for side lights drilled thru the back of the reflector of the driving light

i stuck a B12 headlight on my naked GSX1100f after trying a pair of dominator lights so i could see where i was going
                              Wow that's totally nuts. At first I was like WTF?... but it's so interesting to look at... can't help but appreciate the work. Needs a big, round headlamp and call it a day. I like!
                              Last edited by Shifty; 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Originally posted by katanawarrior
                              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X