No announcement yet.
X

Tips on going from Kat to Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another KR members ride that is for sale. She is in Montreal. send her a PM and see if she still has it. I found out after I bought mine that she is selling hers. Damn, I love Montreal, any reason to go is a good one. Doesn't hurt that Sky is pretty hot too.
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

just me or does that stator cover ( I thinks its the stator cover) looked dented and scratched - or is it just a reflection/shadow.

Muffler too. This bike has been dropped and repainted.

Not trying to be an arsehole here but I wanted to point it out because we have a tendancy to see things through rose coloured glasses when we want something.
      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

It does appear to have been dropped.

If you do get it, put a Steelers sticker on it.

Always look at the engine covers that stick out of the plastic. when a bike has been down, these usually arent replaced unless they are cracked. also check the pipe, bar ends, etc. for drop evidence.

Comment

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone remembers this thread but I figured I would post my latest news here as I don't want to subject anyone to a whole new thread =).

So anyways, I never ended up going with the Kat in question from wheelsport, when I went to take a look at it there was obvious signs of a drop on both sides, even though the salesman swore they were only standstill put down's (right!) I just didn't feel comfortable with spending that kind of money on something that absued, even if it was lightly.

But good news has come a few weeks later, today I pick up a brand spanking new 2006 Black Katana 600, not a single KM on the little girl. It's been an odd week, lots of going back and forth with the dealership, fighting for the price I wanted it at, finding the black one (seems all we had locally were the blue/whites ones) and all the other fun stuff that comes with buying a new out of the crate machine.

This is going to be my first brand new bike and I'm completely stoked for it, I could have gone for something a little sportier (was looking at a 600RR) but in the end since I enjoyed my 88 Kat so much and I've only been riding for 2 seasons now, I thought it best to develope my skills on something that is reasonable and well balanced, the Kat is all that to me.

So yeah, I just wanted to share my excitement, I can't wait till tonight and the first ride and lots of fun times ahead. Thanks so much to everyone here, I've found so much great info here on the site and it's helped tons in shopping for my new baby, I really owe all of you a great debt and your all awesome for both the Katana community and motorcycling in general.

Comment

Congrats on your new bike. I'm sure you will enjoy!!

Comment

fadeykin - you are now the envy of a lot of folks on this board...

enjoy your new ride!!
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

not a single KM on the little girl.....

sounds a lil creepy.
                lol

Congrats.

PICS PLEASE

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Happy trails!

You might want to start looking (searching the threads) for what the first service will run at 1000km, and why it's wise to change the oil several times before that.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes everyone and thanks for the tip CP. This site, as always, has provided tons of info on what to do next. I'm eager to get the first of a few mods done, little confused about the undertail but I'll find my way soon enough.

I'm a little leary about the break in period also, seems to be lots and lots of oppinions about the subject, nothing really clear cut and it seems quite different from a break in period for a car. All and all though, it's a nice thing to worry about I suppose, I've wanted a brand new bike for a long time.

About an hour away from leaving for the dealership now and very excited, I'll be sure to post up some pics as I'm sure I'll be snap happy for the first few days, new bike and all =).

Comment

Congrats!
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                      X