Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Gsx600f 88, Engine improvements? (mods)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind the shims at all....
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Never did a valve adjustment I'm guessing each method as it's pros and cons... In my newbie perspective... thread is more appealing.
      by the way, I've got a gasket kit with lots of... kkk... gaskets, anyway I have to change gasket each time I open the valve cover... or any other cover, for that matter?

Originally posted by rarva View Post
      Anything worth mentioning regarding adjusting valves clearance for a 88? Or is all the same gap for every year?
      kkk ... anyone?
      Last edited by rarva; 04-19-2016, 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      GSX 600f '88
      ------------
      Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

Ummm, I gave a link to my manual, feel FREE TO READ IT.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Clearance should be the same. It is on my 06 600 and 92 1100 at least. I'd replace the gaskets you easily can just because they are so old. Normally any gaskets you encounter for a valve adjustment will not need replacing though. But 28 year old ones...(unless you know otherwise, just assume they are original)
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

+1
            I wasn't trying to be rude, it' just that, if someone keeps telling the answers, how are you going to learn.....I'm big on learning, and half of Internet info is wrong. Manuals are hardly ever wrong..
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              +1
              I wasn't trying to be rude, it' just that, if someone keeps telling the answers, how are you going to learn.....I'm big on learning, and half of Internet info is wrong. Manuals are hardly ever wrong..
              maybe I fail to explain the point exacly... I have the oem suzuki manual that covers all models from 88 to 97. I'm not asking for the values... the doubt is, for the 88 model they have some values, but in the later models these values change, the questions is, do they superceed the older ones, or should we use what was recommended back in 88?

edit: GENUINE SUZUKI GSX600F WORKSHOP SERVICE MANUAL
              the part number, for katriders reference is:
              99500-35020 is just the 88 model
              99500-35021 88 and 89 supplement
              99500-35022 88 and 89-90 suplement
              Follow the same thinking.
              99500-35028 88 and 89-97 supplement (and superceed all others)

There was one year that there was no changes between models.
              Last edited by rarva; 04-20-2016, 10:56 AM.
              GSX 600f '88
              ------------
              Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

Use the 88 values...
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Hey Arsenic, today I measured the camshafts... intake around 33,5, exhaust around 33,6, could this be right or am i measuring wrong?
                  GSX 600f '88
                  ------------

Comment

Regarding the camshaft swap for the 88 model, here's what I found.
                    Source:

Intake cam is the same part on these models (12711-06B90)
                    GSX-R1100 86-90
                    GSX-R750 88-89
                    GSX1100F 88-93
                    GSX600F 88-92
                    So no need to buy the intake cam.

On the exhaust cam, part (12721-17C90) is used on these models:
                    GSX-R1100 89-90
                    GSX-R750 88-90
                    So, if this information is correct, all you need to do the GSXR750 cam swap, is to buy the exhaust cam.

Edit: After digging a bit more... the information is confusing, a good starting point, but... also do your own research.
                    Last edited by rarva; 06-24-2016, 01:25 PM.
                    GSX 600f '88
                    ------------

Comment

New tip for the 88 users.
                      Regarding the +98 rim swap mod, the front wheel will fit, but a 120 tyre (Pilot Road 3) will rub agaisnt the plastic fender, you can cut the portion of the fender that is touching the tyre (that what I did, but not sure its all good, because I didn't ride it yet), or keep the 110 tyre (that's probably what I will have to do.)
                      GSX 600f '88
                      ------------

Comment

Or replace the front fender with a 90-97. They are pretty cheap. Sorry, I tend not to do any hack jobs if it can be done with different parts.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for the input junker, I did look for other year fender, but was not confident it would solve the issue, spending money in the course of it unnecessarely. Cutting the fender did solved it, but buying other one that fits would be my first recomendation also. Now we now! thanks!
                          GSX 600f '88
                          ------------

Comment

Working...
                          X