X

Speedometer change with gear change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer change with gear change?

Hey all. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. My name is Bryan and I live in Indiana and ride a black on black 750 from 2001.

My question is about the 520 conversion. If I change the gearing from 15/45 to 14/48, how much will this affect my speedometer and or odometer readings, and is there a way to adjust it to read more true?

I found a lot of talk about the conversions and changing gears using search, but didn't find anything about the way it changes your speedo and odo readings. Thanks for all your help in advance, I'm glad I stubled on this community.

I'm glad you searched. You should have found what you needed though..

Anyway, changing gearing does change the speedo. How much? Well you can figure it out by just doing the math. A Speedohealer (all one word? Hyphenated?)
    Fixes this. Try searching for that and I bet you find more information.

Comment

Thanks for not noob bashing me!

I did a few more searches and found a link to a site that has a list for the changes in speedo readings according to the sprocket sizes.

I also found out about the speedo healer, which I will be buying in a few weeks to correct the difference the 14/48 sprockets are gonna make to my bike.

A great forum - lots of helpfull stuff here - hope I can contribute something in the future.

Keep em rubber side down.

Comment

there's a how to on the speedohealer in the how to forum

here it is

Comment

Working...
        X