X

New Member looking..listening and ready to ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member looking..listening and ready to ride

Today is my first day writing on Katriders. I'll briefly explain myself to the audience. My name is Brandon, i am in the army...july 1st i will be SGT York. I am over in Iraq, but enough of that i have been going back and forth in my head about getting a TL1000R/ GSXR 600 or a Kat 600/750. I am about 1/4 the way through all the forums. I have so far learned alot from all of you out there. I am not new to riding i use to have a GSXR 600 in 1998, but i am just a skid mark right now. I live in Texas if anyone lives there and can help me find a good dealer or anyone knows a buddy that has a Kat for sale let me know. Thanks i look forward to your replies
    06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Hey Big welcome to KR. I will tell you I love my 600 Kat . I haven’t had a bike in a long time before I bought it and I am so glad I did. Its fun, its fast, looks awesome and very controllable. Just right I think for a guy that hasn’t ridden in awhile.

Stay safe over there.

Comment

I would go with gixxer 600 if I were you. Don't get me wrong I love my Kat but if your had a gix before you will be looking for more from your kat after you get used to it. Then you gonna wish you did buy the gix. The TL1000R is pretty sweet also.

Comment

WHERE IN TEXAS DO YOU LIVE, I AM UP HERE IN EAST TEXAS, BUT AM FROM HOUSTON AREA

Comment

I think it really depends on what kind of riding he wants to do... Brandon, if you are planning on local rides & dealing with testosterone on two wheels, you'll probably want another GSXR or the TLR. The Kat's forte is commuting and long-distance touring.

Since you're talking about the TLR, I know you're in the market for an used bike, because they haven't made them in a number of years. If that's the case and you're about to start drawing E-5 pay + combat pay (+TDY if you're lucky), and you don't set your sites on the newest examples of each, you might be able to afford both and not have to make the decision at all

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

like what CP said it depends on your riding habbit. If you are going to use it for touring, the kat is the bike you want. If you looking for fun short rides an R bike will suits you better.

Comment

I would go with a 750 Kat. It is nicely between the GSXR 600 and Kat 600 powerwise. Good Luck!

Comment

Kat 750,you could modify it the way you want,get all the speed you need out of it, and still be comfortable.And they look nice and low key,none of the loud racing look at me decals on it..And did I say comfortable!

Comment

Comfort, looks, performance, easy maintanance, and the best forum on the yet to help you out along the way.. What more can you ask for if you get a Kat

Comment

I am looking to go used yes. I have not yet layed down a rocket yet, but i belive all good riders do at one point or another, so they have both sides of the spectrum. I return from here in a couple months, but im ready to buy either of the three. I do like speed but i have a family and kids and im not so much as immature as people my age. To say im not as crazy as i use to be
                    06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

In that case, skip the whole visiting the dealership routine and go shopping in person once you get home, using CraigsList and CycleTrader websites to find prospects worth looking at (as well as checking on here for who has something to sell you in your area). Buying through a dealer will not earn you any piece of mind on an used bike (since they don't really know any more about it than you do) -- and they have to tack on their margins as mark-up over what the previous owner was willing to sell for. Buying from the previous owner, however, means you can ask questions, possibly get receipts and paperwork (maintenance records), and you should end up with a much better deal for your buck -- especially once you factor in that guys really in the know (those who baby their bikes and know it inside & out) never sell through a dealer normally (the best type to buy from will turn buyers away if they don't meet the seller's criteria as being appropriate -- that's someone who really cherished their baby -- and they'll go cheaper for someone who really wants it).

I have a pre-purchase inspection list that's very detailed for exactly such occasions that I wrote up a while back which you can find here:
                      MotorcycleAnchor.com - CyberPoet's "Used Bike Pre-Purchase Inspection Checklist"

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

for me motorcycles are about stress release and having fun. The only thing i can say is know your limits
                        Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Working...
                        X