Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Valve Tappet Adjustment Tool - NOW FROM AUSTRALIA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does this do?? my local repair guy said he didnt think i need this thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      Heres the pics as promised. Not a bad render from memory, forgot I put three rows of knurl on there, but it was pretty close
      Cool, Dan! How cheap can you crank 'em out if I take 100 units at once?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
        Well , my Clymer manual actually says to use pliers , and that's the way I've done it , and I've done it quite a few times .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
          Because he wants your business?
          You need something to hold the square drive portion rock steady when you tighten down the nut underneath it.

Originally posted by md86
          Well , my Clymer manual actually says to use pliers , and that's the way I've done it , and I've done it quite a few times .
          I'd use an adjustable wrench before I used a set of pliers... or cut/grind the right sized notch in a slightly smaller wrench... or the other solutions offered up here. But what am I saying, I use the MotionPro and Suzuki tools myself There's always a "best" tool for any job.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well , actually turning the screw I use my fingers . I hold it in place with the pliers , making sure I grab it from the flats . I never end up having to put too much torque on it to hold it in place , so it seems the chances of grinding any material off are slim .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Cool, Dan! How cheap can you crank 'em out if I take 100 units at once?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              No idea, but I'll look into it if ya want. I'm not a machinist, nor do I play one on T.V.

While I have acces to the machines at work, I wouldn't have access to the CNC for this. They don't mind if I use the machines after hours for personal stuff once in a while, but I doubt they'd be too happy about an employee going into a full production run tying up the NC lathe .

I'll get back to you later today on that

Comment

Working...
              X