Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Valve Tappet Adjustment Tool - NOW FROM AUSTRALIA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Tappet Adjustment Tool - NOW FROM AUSTRALIA!

Just a heads up -- I've had a number of these on order through the Suzuki logistics system for a couple months and keep ordering more as demand increases, because they keep being back-ordered on me (I'm at 16 each of them back-ordered). Today I got a note that said Suzuki continue to be out indefinitely on this item, and no one seems to know what the deal is (like the factory is trying to source a new vendor or something).

Just thought I'd pass along the word -- if your local dealer has any in stock, you might want to grab one if you don't have one yet.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

I just made my own. I'll post a pic when I get home.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I should drop by the dealer today.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

thanks for the info, i was just going to buy one of those. if you end up getting more than you need send me a PM and i'll take one off your hands.
        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

hey Dan Dubeau,please do that(send pic.and how to make)thanks.

Comment

When I got mine back in Jan or March there weren't any on the east coast, mine came from Cali....
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Can't you just use a #2 Square drive screw and something to hold it (like a bit of dowling)?

Comment

Originally posted by thecynic
                Can't you just use a #2 Square drive screw and something to hold it (like a bit of dowling)?
                I thought it was a #4 Robertson screw , but I wasn't paying too close attention since I already had both the Suzuki & MotionPro versions...

I found the $5 Suzuki tool is priced right to do the job and provides good grip with no issues, plus there was no searching for the screw, dowling, adhesive (which would take more time/money to find/buy/assemble than the $5 cost on the Suzuki tool). At least we're not stuck out without any solutions!

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hey cp,what was that part number?

Comment

09917-14910

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just called the dealers in my area... nothing in stock.
                      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

[quote="The CyberPoet"]
                        Originally posted by thecynic
                        I found the $5 Suzuki tool is priced right to do the job and provides good grip with no issues, plus there was no searching for the screw, dowling, adhesive (which would take more time/money to find/buy/assemble than the $5 cost on the Suzuki tool). At least we're not stuck out without any solutions!

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        I agree that is why I ordered a Suzuki tool back in March. It was about $4, but I still have not gotten it.

CP, would it be possible to take some pictures of the tool? I am thinking that it is time to just forge my own. If I set a good set up together I can make some extras.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn

I agree that is why I ordered a Suzuki tool back in March. It was about $4, but I still have not gotten it.

CP, would it be possible to take some pictures of the tool? I am thinking that it is time to just forge my own. If I set a good set up together I can make some extras.
                          I forgot you were a smithy (even though theres a hint in your avatar : )

I forgot to post that picture of mine last night. : It's basically a round aluminum bar, with a robertson screw in the end. pretty simple.

Comment

The only pic I have handy right now:

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Is that a standard wrench or is that part of the tool?

Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X