X

lowering a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering a Kat

How do you lower a 1993 katana 600? Mine needs to be dropped about 1 1/2 inches
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

I think it is longer dog bones to lower and shorter ones to raise it...but beware because it affects the handling of the bike. I think you have to also lower the front forks also especially when you lower it that much...but hopefully some one with more experience can help also do a search under mechanics section or bodyshop...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I know fasteddie lowered his bike, but it's a 98+. You might wanna PM him to see what he did anyway.
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

If you do decide to install lowering links, my guide may be of help (it's for 98+, tho...)

How To: Install Lowering Links
        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I lowered my wife's SV. Only an inch tho, an inch and a half may be too much... We dropped the front end an inch as well. If you still need more, you may consider scooping some foam out of your seat. This we also did...took out another inch.

On top of that, we added an inch to the bottom of her boots...may sound funny, but really it's hardly noticable!

Comment

ha, same bike as mine they used in that tutorial.

i'm 5'7" and tippy toeing on my kat. the only problem is that backing it up is sometimes a pain. otherwise i'm still comfortable at a stop with (at least) my balls of my feet hitting the ground. although sometimes i plant my shifting foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
              I lowered my wife's SV. Only an inch tho, ....!
              How tall is your wife? My fiance is 5 even and I'm thinkin bout givin her my bike when I get a new one, but she's so short. I dunno if an inch would help her.

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                How tall is your wife? My fiance is 5 even and I'm thinkin bout givin her my bike when I get a new one, but she's so short. I dunno if an inch would help her.
                She's 5'2" - 26" inseam (really we dropped 3" if you add it all up...) You can drop the SV's a bit more, the bike has a lot of ground clearance (I'm just not real sure about the front end....so I felt good with an inch).

You can always add a bit more to her boots....I 've seen a couple women that ride with about 2" to 3" soles...

Comment

I 've seen a couple women that ride with about 2" to 3" soles...
                  Disco Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                    How tall is your wife? My fiance is 5 even and I'm thinkin bout givin her my ................................. I dunno if an inch would help her.
                    Like all women they always want another inch LOL
                    Sorry, I couldn't resist!
                    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

AMEN BRUTHA!

Comment

Re: lowering a Kat

Originally posted by madvillekat135
                        How do you lower a 1993 katana 600? Mine needs to be dropped about 1 1/2 inches
                        Let the air out of the tires.... voila

(I'm surprised no one else brought that one up yet)
                        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Upside down dog bones

I was in my garage today looking at my shocks and mounts ets pre r6 rear shock insertion and I reckon you could turn the dogbones upside down and drop it an inch. Get an engineering outfit to whip you one up (custom dogbone). Shouldn't cost that much.
                          1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
                          1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
                          2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

thanks
                            sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X