Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Decal/graphics glue removal cure discovered!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal/graphics glue removal cure discovered!

I haven't logged in much over the last 9 months so this might be known, but in case it isn't, YOU NEED TO BUY THIS TO REMOVE DECALS & GLUE RESIDUE:

We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

I've slowly acquired a complete NOS body for my katana project and when it came time to prep the body, I could not get the glue residue off!! Yes I tried every solvent & trick known to man, you name it, it didn't work, tried it all. I got this tip from a guy over at gixxer.com and it works MINT!!!!! I did the whole body in 1 1/2 hours WITHOUT REMOVING THE DECALS FIRST. This includes the heavily clear coated tank ones too. I can't even begin to tell you how easy it removes it all; decal, glues residue.... everything! TOTAL SNAP! It doesn't even damage the paint, for real! Who ever invented it should be awarded man of the year. I ran it in a normal pistol drill at around 450 RPM. Do not use the edge of the wheel! Try to use as much contact of the pad as possible. Do not press down hard! Let the wheel do it's job and be mindful of over heating your bodywork; it will distort it if you try to rush. One wheel could do like 4 complete bodies so you only need one. I'm about to head out, I'll post pics of the results/what I did later. Anyhow, just passing on info.

Cool, I'm book marking that page!

Comment

Here's few pics of some of the bodywork. Again, you don't need to remove the decal, even if it's clear coated; you only need a pistol drill and that wheel.

Comment

Another.. both had a heavy coat of clear over the graphics.

Comment

Nice.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Just what I need! Hopefully BigMart was it our local auto store because I'm in the middle of a peel job now and don't want to wait for UPS.

Thanks!
            Round Rock, TX

Comment

That's a great find, hopefully it works for me like it worked for you.

Comment

Great man, thanks for the info.
                Watch for your Guardian Angel
                750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Guy2600, did this tool completely remove the sticky adhesive residue, or is there hints of a former decal. The faring in the photo looks clean but pix don't tell the complete truth. I can get a similiar tool locally for $28 but don't want to blow another dime since I'm in the middle of this process and wanting to ride this weekend!

Thanks!
                  Round Rock, TX

Comment

Working...
                  X