X

89 gsxr cams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 gsxr cams

i finally got some 89 gsxr cams for my 04 600 but i had to turn up my idle quite a bit to make it idle is this normal i understand that since im getting more air and fuel i should have to do this but it just seemed more than i was expecting any info would be nice

or was it just the cold weather i let it warm up good and it ran really good lots more power, it just wanted to spin the tire but it was low i got a nail in it
    Last edited by bluekat04; 02-17-2008, 01:37 AM.

what jetting are you running? If you have an 04 600, you need these
    Last edited by arsenic; 02-17-2008, 01:32 AM.

Comment

still stock, i know you said to use the ivans kat 600 kit but i have not got it yet and i am still going to get an advancer, but it just seemed strange to me to have to turn the idle up so much
      exhaust is still stock i think i will just grind the welds and call it good well header is stock leo vince slip on

Comment

How far did you have to turn the idle screw? I'm guessing you shouldn't have to turn it too far. When I put in my gsxr cams it did not effect the idle like that. If it was me though I would just be happy getting it to idle smoothly, regardless of how much tinkering I had to do with the idle screw.
        "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

Comment

well, if you have stock jetting you defiantly need to shim the needles at least.

Comment

well it idles good but its almost cranked all the way and it runs great just was wondering how much you all had to adjust to get a decent idle still need to get an advancer and a jet kit

k are the stock needles shimable or do i need a jet kit sorry first timer here

Originally posted by bluekat04 View Post
            well it idles good but its almost cranked all the way and it runs great just was wondering how much you all had to adjust to get a decent idle still need to get an advancer and a jet kit
            Last edited by bluekat04; 02-17-2008, 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

no, shim the STOCK needles, just put a washer under all 4 of them. If you jet the thing you won't need to shim the needles, well I shimmed the Ivan's needles, but I'm like that. What about the badazz sprocket and chain set up

Comment

chain and sprocket is stock its only an 04 with 6000 miles no need to change

Comment

I'm just messin with you dude, I just want those gone.

Comment

well wtf what you think is it just the cold or what

Comment

I think that has something to do with it, I just decided to sell them yesterday

Comment

sell what the sprockets i am confused

Comment

yeah, I was gonna use them, but I want a 15/50 gearing set up. I need a 122 link chain, so the brand new badazz chain and sprockets I have need to go.

Comment

no no i thought you were talking timing chain not drive chain sorry

Comment

I got a new heavy duty 116 cam chain too

Comment

Working...
                              X