1989 GSXR 1100 into a 06 750 Cable Clutch Conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 GSXR 1100 into a 06 750 Cable Clutch Conversion

Does anyone know where I should begin?

I would rather stick with the cable set up, but I am not sure what I need for the conversion. I have been looking online and browsed through here a bit, but can't really find what I am looking for.

I know that it shouldn't be too hard of a swap. Do i have everything I need already on my 750 engine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

I am sorry if I was unclear. I am installing a 1989 GSXR 1100 engine into my 06 750.

The 1100 has a hydro clutch, while the 750 is cable, and I would like to stick with the cable.

Thanks!!!

Comment

it's pretty easy really. Just use the Katana sprocket cover, the Katana worm gear, the Katana small pushrod. The Katana clutch cable and the Katana lever. Just take the GSXR sprocket cover off, with the slave cylinder and all that hydro clutch crap. Pull out the small push rod, put the Katana one in. Bolt on the Katana sprocket cover and all the Katana cltch stuff. You SHOULD be good to go. I've never done it, but I'm telling you want I THINK you need to do.

Comment

Thanks!!! As always I know I can count on getting a straight forward answer from ya!!!

Comment

don't forget the clutch perch. You can't just swap levers, you need to swap the perch that goes with the lever.

Comment

Ummm... Is it a bolt-on conversion between all the Kat engines? Reason I'm asking is that I'd love to have a hydraulic clutch on my pre-750.

Jeddi03, if you need a home for those GSXR parts and they'd work on my engine let me know. Maybe we can work something out.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

when I bought it actually didn't come with the sprocket cover. If I had it i would just send it to ya but I don't. Sorry!

Comment

Bummer

I had a VF700F for about 8 years and I got really used to a hyd clutch. It's really nice when you're sitting in traffic at the base gate.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

yeah my vtx has the hyrdo, but I personally like the cable feel on the kat.

Comment

Blazerzr2 is doing a hydro clutch on his pre 750 right now, he's called me for my opinion. Talk to him, I told him what I THOUGHT, see if it works

Comment

Working...
                    X