X

Pics "dremeled" the rear fender today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics "dremeled" the rear fender today

First time using a dremel and I am very happy with the results, in the future I might take it all off and go integrated but I do like having the rear signals at night.

Last edited by bgraff1lsu; 07-23-2008, 09:28 AM. Reason: added pic

It looks great! I will definetly have to give this a try. How long did this take you?

Comment

good jod looks good
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

That's sweet! I don't have the tools, but a shop around the corner said they would do it for $20. Will probably make that happen.
        Godspeed
        CSBA #1167
        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
          good jod looks good
          thanks

helpful tips for people that going to dremel:

-wear eye protection as the little saw blades do break and you don't want that in you eye

-take your time, it doesn't take long 20 mins at the most, cut for 2 seconds then take a break (1-2 secs) and let the blade cool down then go at it again it will help you focus

it was easy, like cutting through butter

Comment

I did mine the same exact way! It was easy and looks great!

Comment

I've done that procedure with other bikes that I've had. I was actually thinking about doing it to my 1100, I just may just because you did it .......

...... "did you ever know that you're my hero, your everything I aspire to be .... "
              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Good job!
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I did the exact same thing on my '00 a couple of years ago. Super cheap way to make a great looking modification.

Comment

I've done it with a jig saw, and with a hack saw blade. The one I did with a hack saw blade was faster and looks better. 2 minutes start to finish!
                    sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
                      That's sweet! I don't have the tools, but a shop around the corner said they would do it for $20. Will probably make that happen.
                      For $20, why not buy the tools and do it yourself? I've done it with as little as a sharp knife and a propane torch. Or, if you want to invest a little more, get a rotary tool of some sort. I've seen generic ones at Big-Lots for like $25-30, or $50 for a small Dremel set, $100 for a Rotozip (my personal favorite), or $90 for a Dewalt: they call it a "laminate router" but it's essentially just like a Rotozip.

I go with the Rotozip because it can be used for a lot more stuff. You won't be routing out subwoofer holes in 3/4" MDF with a Dremel anytime soon. The only thing it really has over the Dewalt (as far as I know) is that you can get all the nifty attachments for the Rotozip to do all sorts of cool stuff, while the Dewalt pretty much is what it is.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Looks good, you did a great job for your first time. That only means that you are about to go out an purchase several MORE tools to perform several more mods on your own.... it's freakin endless!!

I did mine with a paper clip and an old shoe string!!

Fortunately, mine was already chopped off when I bought the bike. Looks like he may have done it with a freaking butter knife tho. It's on my list to go over the edges with some fine sand paper
                        [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Hey I just bough a Katana..where can I buy the extra signal lights???

Comment

what is this mod? I'm new and dont know whats missing from his bike and whats stock. Very nice bike by the way.

Comment

Hmmm .. i've got a pneumatic mini die grinder ... not sure if I have cutoff wheels for it, but I'll have to take a look. That looks super sharp!! Thanks for the post and pics
                              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                              Black
                              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                              Red
                              Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Working...
                              X