X

used header

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used header

I bought a used v&h header all it came with were bolts, do they require any type of gaskets or anything that i should need when i hook it up

thanks

People will tell you to replace your exhaust gaskets whenver you pull your exhaust (I never have , but I'm going to next time) , and you should put some anti-sieze on your header bolts so the won't rust in there , but that's about it .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks, another real quick question- may be a stupid one but on the pre, the header has the metal ring that gets screwed into the engine is that supposed to be tight on the engine cuz the screws all seem to stop at the same place- not all the way in.

Comment

Originally posted by 93kat750
        thanks, another real quick question- may be a stupid one but on the pre, the header has the metal ring that gets screwed into the engine is that supposed to be tight on the engine cuz the screws all seem to stop at the same place- not all the way in.
        Those bolts that hold the metal ring should be at approximately 16.5 lb-ft of torque. However tight that is is the right way.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

one more: where are my gaskets- when i pulled off the stock i ddint see any gaskets, are they stuck somewhere and i am missing them?

Comment

There should be one gasket set down into the exhaust opening from each cylinder (on the block side of where the headers bolt on), plus one at the connection between the collector and the mid-pipe (going back to the muffler).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

found them, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X