X

Well, sold my Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, sold my Katana 750

a blue 1999 with 21k miles on it that had been dropped a few times for $3,300. I think i got a real good deal on it. I bought it used 6 months ago for $3,600 and it was my first bike. I learned on it with friends and passed the DMV raod test on it, she did well. I probably would have kept it, but another friend of mine is willing to sell his 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 with only 8k miles on it to me for $3,000.

I'm essentially trading in an older Kat with almost 3x the miles for a never dropped 8k mile newer R6, it was too good to pass up. He hasnt ridden it in two years, so it will need some time to get ready and a little extra money after the 3k, but it will be worth it, i think.

The R6 is a good deal. To bad you can't have both bikes.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Now THAT would have been cool. Money, incurance, and space prevent it, though.

Comment

Good deal .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Sounds like a great deal...

Hope you will still hang around KR 8)

Comment

Congrats on the new ride !!!

And yes we'll still let you be on katriders w/ an R6 !

Comment

What kind of things would you do to a bike that hasnt been ridden in 2 years before you take it out? Oil, filter, and battery? Would you do a full fluid flush/replacement?...

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
                What kind of things would you do to a bike that hasnt been ridden in 2 years before you take it out? Oil, filter, and battery? Would you do a full fluid flush/replacement?...
                all the things you listed plus look at all hoses and tires for fatigue. especially if it's been in the weather or covered outside. replace the gas in the tank and you might have to clean the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
                  Clean the carbs.

Gas will crystalize after time.

Like others said check the tires.

Also a fresh oil change would be in order.

If the bike hasn't been run in awhile it will smoke a bit when warming up.

Don't worry about it. Fresh gas, and running the bike will cure that.

I bought a bike that had sat for a few years. A little TLC and it will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X