X

Cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ditchdoc1017
    Gerbing jacket liner where is the cheapest place to buy one.
    I'd suggest finding a shop that carries them, and getting fitted for one.
    They are fit by chest and arm length.

I managed to get 10% off when I bought mine, but as I understand it that is very rare as Gerbing almost never discounts their products.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

lets see warm cotton pants and then jeans over them...timberland boots...long sleeve shirt...fleece and then leather jacket over...then bataclava...helmet....fer now 2 pairs of gloves but in a couple of days i get my big time snowmobile/motorcycle gloves YAY....if those gloves dont keep me warm then theres nothin. These are leather gloves....with a thermal liner and in some places are doubled with leather. Then inside the thermal liner there is a fleece liner. And then there is also a water resistent liner....talk about jiggling in my boots waitin fer these...After that i wont feel a little bit cold.
      R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Someone please tell me where fall went.. 1 week ago it was 65 degrees, sunny, awesome riding weather, then within a couple days it drops to highs of the upper 40's and lows in the upper 20s-30s !!!

Comment

Originally posted by steves
          Originally posted by ditchdoc1017
          Gerbing jacket liner where is the cheapest place to buy one.
          I'd suggest finding a shop that carries them, and getting fitted for one.
          They are fit by chest and arm length.
          Ditto.

There are many, many size variations to the jackets. What you might think (when you look at the numbers) would work, when you put it on, doesn't. That's what I noticed when I went down to the local dealer who stocks them.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            then within a couple days it drops to highs of the upper 40's
            Upper 40's ? Damn , it's WARM up there .
            Yeah , one day it was 65 and nice (almost PERFECT to me) , then the next it was 30 . Went straight from summer to winter .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

and just as we speak the high today is the low thirties w/ lows tonite in the low 20's !! Winter SUX !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey gang, while on the subject of it being cold, I will be riding my bike to my new house this wedensday..Huraaaah!!! And I hear it's going to a little cold out. I have ok gear but my hands are what I'm concerned for. I remember someone saying something about silk gloves under your riding gloves? I was wondering if anyone can elaborate a little on that and maybe point me in the right direction for something to wear.

Thanks gang and I will be back on in about 2 weeks after weds.

Comment

Check out the Gearing up Forum.. theirs lots of info on gloves there. You can use a pair of isotoners under ur current gloves. You can get them anywhere and they help reduce the wind and cold coming against an otherwise warm weather riding glove.

Comment

I found a place local to get a gerbing really thinking hard about getting one.
                    1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

I have found that for just local stuff, my Joe Rocket Pheonix overpants over jeans work down to 40 degrees or so ok. After that I start using my one piece thermal suit or my First Gear Thermo Bib with Fisrt Gear Kenya or Rocker Jacket with liners.

I just won a Widder heated vest though and am looking forward to trying that out.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

i can't wait for it to get colder, and snow so i can get my sled out and start playing around. If it wern't for toys and women i wouldn't see a reason for me to exist.

Comment

Working...
                        X