X

new member to the family...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member to the family...

as of 7:30 tonight, there is officially a new member to the family.
    she popped out of the womb at 24 years old and weighs somewhere in the area of 500lbs. It is an 1982 GSX 1100 Katana.
    I arrived, knocked on the door, and said, ''I am here to see the bike''.
    She handed me the keys and said ''go check it out back''.
    I stick the key in the switch, turn it on, pull the clutch, and hit the starter button. Vrooooom! It started right up. She isn't pretty cuz the guy went crazy with a can of flat black, but it's all there and solid. It definately has potential to be a thing of beauty. I am soooooo psyched right now. It has been 4-5 years that I have had a hard-on for one of these.
    I gave the lady a cash deposit and told her I would be by to pick it up within a week cuz I was with the gf and her daughter in her convertible, so no way to get it home tonight.

anyway...did I mention that I am sooooo psyched.

I will post pics once she is home where she belongs.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Congrats on the new ride .

You still gonna sell off one of the 1100's you already have?
    Kyle

Comment

Must have been a mighty big stork that brought that little, or big bundle of joy to your house

Comment

Congrats on the rebirth of your passion...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          Congrats on the new ride .

You still gonna sell off one of the 1100's you already have?
          at the moment it doesn't look like I will. In fact, I am going to look at a 84 750 next week, and an 83 gs1100ef the week after that. It will come to $3kCDN for 3 classic bikes. maybe less if I can use my negotiating skills.

then I will have a nice little collection going as follows:

92 1100 kat modded to hell and back with the V&H engine.
          93 1100 kat all stock except for exhaust
          82 gs1100ef 100% stock and mint
          84 gsx 750 kat 100% stock
          83 gs550ef rebuilt to stock.

the 82's will not be registered until next year, and the 84 might not hit the streets until 2009. the reason is that it is $325 to plate a bike here, but only $80 once it hits 25 yrs old and becomes classified as an antique.
          I am not about to pay $325 x 5 to plate bikes. that is $1625 plus insurance. I refuse to pay that.

why do you ask if I will sell one of the 1100's? interested?? the 93 is nothing more than a rider to me. no real sentimental value. I could part with that one if someone was really interested.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

BASTARD!!!! cant wait to see the pics..

Comment

Working...
            X