X

need your opinion....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your opinion....

ok.....here is the deal. I have been in touch with two sellers....one with an 86 750 kat, and one with a 82 1100. both can be be had for a grand each...or less. both run. both would be totally tore down to be restored. I can only go for one at the moment.....and the other in maybe a month.....which means it could get sold. One is 2 hours in one direction, and the other is 2 in the other direction. I need to pick one...for now. I am leaning towards the 1100, but the 750 is nice as well.

so which would you choose?

the 86 750?

[img][/img]

or the 82 1100?

or each and every member of KR could paypal me 50 cents and I could grab them both this week. make payment to [email protected] **

**meant for humor. payment to said account will result in feeling stupid. to avoid feeling stupid, contact said poster with desire to contribute and amount of contribution, whereas a legitement acount will be given to said contributor. have a nice day and save the whales!
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

If I send you $1k, can you have either roadworthy enough for a run back to Florida without leaving me stranded in between?

PS - look closely at the front of the rotors and you'll see both have an anti-dive system that connects to the brakes.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I would think that the '82 would be rarer, and it would of course be fun to have such a powerful engine... get that one.

Comment

The 750 does have the nifty pop-up head light.....
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Wow..
          What a tough choice..

The 82 is the "classic" Kat..
          Like a mid 60's Corvette..
          Meanwhile the 750 has a bit more
          updated cleaned up styling..
          Yet has the mid 80s little front wheel..

Are you going to ride or rail?
          If just for riding and a bit o fun go for the 1100...
          If you plan to rail I think the 750 would have more upgrade potential...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            If I send you $1k, can you have either roadworthy enough for a run back to Florida without leaving me stranded in between?

PS - look closely at the front of the rotors and you'll see both have an anti-dive system that connects to the brakes.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            I have that same anti-dive system on the gs550ef I am rebuilding.

as for it being roadworthy, both claim to be now. I would give it a good inspection first, though. you know what I really need right now? a silent partner. well....not too silent, but maybe a couple of guys that can see potential in the market around here. I am finding alot of them pretty cheap. it is only a matter of time before these backwoods frenchmen realize these things can be sold abroad for more money.

like this gs1100 for example. it is in awesome shapre and only has 20k miles on it.....$1200 neg. $1000 would take it. I would snatch this one up as well....and might later on in the season if it doesn't sell.....but I suspect it will.

if someone played their cards right, they could end up with a free bike in the end....easily. shit.....the gs550 I am doing was practically free just from the parts I sold from the donor bike. It will be free and I will have made money once I am done selling off all the parts from the spare.

Comment

Did you just totally side-step my question?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Did you just totally side-step my question?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                yes I did......because I am contemplating another option for you.....so be patient. as it stands now, I am going to see the 1100 at 7:30 this evening. I will more than likely buy it. So that would leave you with the 750.....which I will get back to you on. I am checking into something for waltari as well....an 1100.

now if you will excuse me, I have to go sell my hair, sperm and blood to help finance my fetish for these old bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  yes I did......because I am contemplating another option for you.....so be patient.
                  You know what I really want is that V&H motor, but I don't think you need an extra kidney that badly :P

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Seven fiddy!!! Seven fiddy!!! Seven fiddy!!! Seven fiddy!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I've got an 81 GS1100 at my friend's shop right now. The carbs still need some more TLC, but man does that thing have power! The 1100 would be a good rush...
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

1100 is THE classic Kat. It MUST be had.

If it runs and everything is there, it'd be well worth a grand. It is the first sportbike i've ever ridden on (The back, I was 12) and I've always wanted one. It was an unholy monster in the eyes of a slobbering 12 yr. old and I was hooked. It was the first of its kind, and everyone recognizes it as such.

get it, get it, get it.

Comment

Either one good luck and get Cyber his too!!!

Comment

it's done.....I bought the 1100.

Comment

Working...
                            X