X

Katana Sprokets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Sprokets

I want to lower my front sproket by one and increase the back sproket by one or two.

What online store would you'll suggest?

How many teeth (or what size) are on a factory 2005 Kat ...front and back?

How much work is involved in changing them out?

Also...I thought I saw a torque chart on here but i can not seem to find it on my subsequent searches...anyone have a link to it as I would like an Idea of how much a change this will be?

Thanks so much!!!

Sprocket ratios pages, sprocket math, and other Katana related stuff at my website:

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

know this!when you mess with the sprockets you mess with the speed-o.i am sure you know this already but thought i might let you know just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
        know this!when you mess with the sprockets you mess with the speed-o.i am sure you know this already but thought i might let you know just incase.
        You can purchases a device called Speedohealer that will correct your speedometer readings, which is already being over-reporting by about 8.5%.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I recently changed my sprocket and reduced from 15 to 14 teeth on the front. For the first few days I noticed an amazing gas mileage increase, it increased from 40 mpg to 44 mpg. That didnt seem right. I then realized, that it was because my speedo was off. I did enjoy it for some time, but then the speedo was off by about 7 to 10 miles per hour. And because of this, my odometer was also way off. It would register more miles than it actually did. I cant tell you how fast I covered a 1000 miles. So I changed back to stock. The front wont raise as easy as it did now, but that may be a good thing cause, I was always taking off. I even popped a wheelie once where the front was about 2.5 feet in the air. And the worst part was that, I did that right in front of a cop (of course at the time I didnt see the cop). My lucky stars must have been shining cause the cop didnt stop me. So if you are willing to accept the change in your speedometer and the increased miles on your bike, go ahead and enjoy it.

Skotty
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Working...
          X