X

front sprocket - i swear im not retarded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front sprocket - i swear im not retarded

As i said, i swear i'm not retarded, however, i CANNOt figure out how to get the cover case off to replace my front sprocket. So far i've taken of the 5 exterior bolts, the spedo cable and can't figure out what is still holding it on?!?!?! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

and i swear this isn't my first time to touch something mechanical!!!

You have a manual? It might be a hidden bolt i dont have my manual next to me but i can look in it and let you know.

Jay
    2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Comment

There is a little screw that is a safety net for the main nut. The nut is impacted on. Once you get the nut off the front sprocket will slide off. Take your time and do not get discouraged. This is one area that you need to pay attention at.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I think he means the engine casing cover to get at the sprocket.....no?

Comment

Did you take off the gear shift lever and linkage?
          Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Yeah drop your lower, remove the shifter linkage, remove the bolts and it looks like it should pop off. That'll be a job for me in the spring as well.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet it's that "6th" bolt right in the middle you overlooked . I did that the first time I tried to take mine off , and after prying on it for 10 minutes with a screwdriver took a second look .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

somewhere on cyberpoets website is my how-to change the front sprocket - take a look is explains it.

tim

Comment

it is official.... I HATE THE 6TH BOLT!!!! Its out to get me. OK, now, any suggestions on getting the bolt off that was impacted on?!!?!

Comment

First of all dont forget to take that allenbolt off.
                    If you have a compresser and an impact wrench just go at it with the rear tire on the ground, but if you dont you can take a piece of 2x4 and stick it in the rim ontop of the swing arm and use a ratchet and socket to get it off. Just to let you know its alot easier with an impact wrench.

Comment

A hand inpact with a socket comes in handy, $13 at Wal-mart or $18 at Autozone.
                      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Oh don't forget the Hammer.
                        An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Impacted on ? You mean the things REALLY thight on there ? Yeah , impact drivers ROCK . Go get one today .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X