X

Motorcycle Lifts/Jacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Lifts/Jacks

Just a heads up to everyone. Sears has a Craftsman Motorcycle/ATV Lift/Jack on sale for $89.99, usually $99.99. My son works there so we got his discount. But you can't beat it for the price. I had to build some blocking with 2x4 and a piece of plywood, so that it would contact the frame on each side and not the pipes. No big deal. It comes with tie down straps as well. Raises to 11 3/4, 14 1/4, and 16 1/2, and locks in each position. It has a 1500 lb. capacity. The model # is 875.50190. My KAT is sitting on mine now. I'm in the middle of changing the fork seals and oil, and I want to replace one of the outer tube slide metal bands. Have to pick one up at the dealer tomorrow and finish the job. For the price this is a very handy tool to have. Hope this helps someone out.

Have a Safe Ride Everyone, and a Safe Holiday.
    Smooth is Fast

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

dang only 69.99 now that is awesome. i bought all the parts for a front support like this....http://www.fjr1300.info/howto/frontstand.html and that cost me 50 bucks...good thing i haven't put it together yet, i think i might just go take the stuff back and get that.

i got to replace the fork seals in mine as well and the antifriction metals. could you please take a pic of the wood blocks you made. i am down here at school with limited resources, so if i could get an idea then i could have my dad make them and send them.....thanks for the heads up.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i was looking at that it seem to be a good deal. My local shop wants $100 to chage my tires if there still on the bike, $50 if there off. so i was thinking about buy that jack, it would almost pay for itself first use.

Comment

not to change the topic..anchordude if you have a harbour freight close maybe check this out. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42927

i am going to be looking into it as i start building my motorcycle tool inventory.

shoot and that motorcycle lift is 7 bucks more than the harbour freight, but i would rather have the craftman. i think monday or tuesday i'll go pick me up one.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
            not to change the topic..anchordude if you have a harbour freight close maybe check this out. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42927

i am going to be looking into it as i start building my motorcycle tool inventory.

shoot and that motorcycle lift is 7 bucks more than the harbour freight, but i would rather have the craftman. i think monday or tuesday i'll go pick me up one.
            Have you used this? I will still have to have it balanced.

Comment

The piece listed is just the motorcycle attachment. You still need to buy the tire changer. As for balancing you can use a static balancer. Here is a really good write up on changing and balancing your tires:

Comment

tzortn- i couldn't get the link to work. either of them. i know alot of people don't balance their tires, they just put the light side of the tire(designated by a dot) at the valve stem and that is it.

dang, didn't know that was just the attachment, but still buying the base and the attachment is around 100 bucks, that pay for it shortly.

Comment

KAT600

can you post up a pick of the cribbing you made up to keep the jack from contacting the exhaust? I was looking at these jacks this weekend and this was the only hang up I could see

Comment

I have one of these jacks, i need to see the cribbing too, i need to make one myself.

Comment

I took 2 pieces of 2x4 and a piece of 1/2inch board. I notched the 2x4 where it needed clearance for the sidestand bracket and the body work mounting bracket. The notch for the side stand is 2 3/4 inches long. The bodywork mounting bracket notch is an 1 1/2 inch long. The 2x4 run along the frame on each side, next to the pipes, not underneath them. You need to remove the belly pan bodywork and hold the 2x4 up and mark where you need to notch it and measure for length. My bike is a 89 600, and the areas you need to notch out etc. may differ from year to year. I'll get one of my sons to help me post a photo, sorry my wrenching skills are better than my computer skills.
                      Smooth is Fast

Comment

don't you need to remove the exoust to use a lift like those since the exoust goes under the frame

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
                          don't you need to remove the exoust to use a lift like those since the exoust goes under the frame
                          Read the above post. The 2x4's run along the frame, not underneath the pipes.
                          Smooth is Fast

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
                            tzortn- i couldn't get the link to work. either of them. i know alot of people don't balance their tires, they just put the light side of the tire(designated by a dot) at the valve stem and that is it.

dang, didn't know that was just the attachment, but still buying the base and the attachment is around 100 bucks, that pay for it shortly.

NO MAR tire changer. Thats what I have and use. its basically the tire changer in that pic. It works great. But costs more than 50 bux. I ballance them on a static ballancer with good bearings. I have more problems with my tire spinning on the rim at the strip. I need to get the time to remove my tire and rough sand the bead area of the rim to make it stick better. Bought the changer cus 6 rear tires a year gets expensive.
                            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
                            X