X

Going keyless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going keyless

I'm planning on getting rid of the ignition switch as it is going to get in the way of the speedo when it is put in it's new position.

I was hoping to remove the ignition switch unit and replace it with a set of switches as per the wiring diagrams I have seen.

Has anyone done this before ?

Why? Your asking to be ripped off. Do a search, I know some one asked this before, he was doing a street Fighter.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's going to be a DIY job on a ratbike so nothing pretty.

As long as it works !!

Comment

Hide a battery kill switch under the seat

Comment

that's where everybody puts it so, that's the first place they'll look.... Someone here used biometric switch on theirs.. ( finger print)
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-30-2015, 07:37 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            that's where everybody puts it so, that's the first place they'll look.... Someone here used biometric switch on theirs.. ( finger print)
            that would be badass, way to make me spend more money
            Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              yeah but if you keep the key for the seat its still locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by casanovagdp View Post
                yeah but if you keep the key for the seat its still locked up.
                I'm no expert at breaking in to thing, but that is super easy. Plus, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of going keyless?

Comment

You can also go with an RF key. (radio frequency)
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.

I was just hoping to replace the ignition switch with a few (hidden) standard toggle switches so that they do the same job. According to the wiring diagram I think I need three switches. As I said, it's a ratbike so I'm not looking for anything technical !!

Will my idea work ?

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Can you not tell? We are all saying that while it may be possible, you should really rethink the decision to do away with the theft protection that the key provides. A bike is easy enough to steal already; if you replace the ignition with switches they can literally drive it off in less than ten seconds. Take a look at this video to get an idea of how easy it is for your bike to disappear; and that one still had the ignition.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

I'm sure it's not very hard to do, but sticking your dick in a blender isn't hard either. Although, I wouldn't recommend either.

Comment

Working...
                          X