Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Katana oil cooler

Ok Here we go ,
    I'm looking for input on oil coolers .
    I have an 82 katana 1000 and I'm in southern California what are you running on your Kat?
    what size cooler and what pick up do you use
    The oil pressure switch or the feeds either side of the oil filter?

Thanks.

PM sent. You live close to me & I have parts & coolers.
    Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Here is a close up pic of my Lockhart...
      79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Just remember you will have to replace the stock oil filter cover with an EFE cover. This is what the inside of the EFE oil filter cover looks like if you haven't seen one before. The lower right oil flow port has a bridge to divert oil to the cooler and a small 3.1mm gallery to send oil through to the filter housing. If you do fit the EFE cover all will be well with the cooler and using a cooler without an EFE cover will not have damaged anything. However, if you remove the oil cooler it is very important to re-install the standard Kat oil filter cover (non-oil cooler type). If you run an EFE oil filter cover and there is no oil cooler fitted then the engine oil galleries will be starved and very unpleasant things will happen to that beautiful power-plant.
        Attached Files
        MelWain

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
          Here is a close up pic of my Lockhart...
          Nice! Looks good Sixdog. I have a cooler on my GS1100E, bought one for my Kat, but never installed. Still sitting in my spare parts bin.

Originally posted by Mel Wainwright View Post
          Just remember you will have to replace the stock oil filter cover with an EFE cover. This is what the inside of the EFE oil filter cover looks like if you haven't seen one before. The lower right oil flow port has a bridge to divert oil to the cooler and a small 3.1mm gallery to send oil through to the filter housing. If you do fit the EFE cover all will be well with the cooler and using a cooler without an EFE cover will not have damaged anything. However, if you remove the oil cooler it is very important to re-install the standard Kat oil filter cover (non-oil cooler type). If you run an EFE oil filter cover and there is no oil cooler fitted then the engine oil galleries will be starved and very unpleasant things will happen to that beautiful power-plant.
          Good information, thanks.
          Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 10-13-2014, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Thanks Joe, install that cooler on that bad boy of yours!
            79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

katana oil cooler parts

Hi Guys,
              Maybe this will be of use to anyone putting an oil cooler on a katana.
              Instead of swapping out your oil filter cover for the later model EFE cover
              there's a diverter that sits in the lower gallery sends the oil up the the cooler supply .
              Its only available in the UK from Earls performance I already tried them here in the states they don't stock it .
              The good news is with shipping its only about $20 its very light and mine got here to the west coast in about a week.
              The part # is ED 19 Suzuki GSX Diverter Bung.

Comment

Working...
              X