X

Securing to a truck bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing to a truck bed

Well, hopefully i'm heading to Indiana on Saturday to pick up my new to me Katana 600. I'll be taking a pickup and need to secure the bike to the bed. Any tips on doing this? Are there any parts of the frame that are better to attach to? Any help would be awesome.

Get yourself a bar harness and a couple tie down straps.

http://www.canyondancer.com/images/redtrkvtr.gif[/url]

Comment

Been discussed at least half a dozen times.
      Attached Files
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Remember, do not cover your bike with tarp or anything. It'll scuff up the fairings if ANY part is not secured tightly and flaps in the wind.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I use either two or three tie downs, one on each side for the front, and sometimes one on the rear, sometimes not.

Just picked up my roommate's Kat today, here's a couple pics of it tied down in the back of my truck, same way as I've tied mine down in the past, works great.

Straps go from the handlebars down to the tie down points in the bed of my truck, hooks on the end of the straps are just big enough to fit around the handlebars of the bike, if you look real close in the second pic you can see the hook on the handlebars just under the brake fluid resevoir.

I usually run the 3rd tie down through the frame above the rear tire...although this particular bike didn't have it, 'cuz the previous owner converted the rear end to something differet (I think it was the rearend from a newer 600 Kat, but I'm not positive on that)
            Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I use two straps for the handle bars, two for the opening that goes around the frame, and two at the rear footpeg.... the thing doesnt move an inch.

Comment

Always double strap if you can...I also double wrap.

Comment

well, if I find a truck, this is definitely helpful.

Comment

I use two tie downs one for each side, I don't tie down the rear end, I hook the first one on the inside of the throtle and the other on on the inside of the other handle (put a t shirt between the fairing the the tie down). Don't put down the kick stand or the centre stand. when it is tied down give it a shake just to be sure. I usually stop every 50km just to double check.

Comment

Never less than 4 tie downs per bike. 2 in the front, 2 in the rear. Check out all the threads that the others posted up for good pics and information.

Canyon dancers or a similar product making strapping down a bike piece of cake. If you dont have them you can go up under the front fairing and put a strap around each side of the lower triple clamp.

Always use ratchet tie downs too. I use 900lb test in the front and 400 lb test in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X