X

GPS Magnet Mount??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Magnet Mount??

I purchased a new gps unit and all I can say is wow!! I have all the maps of North America loaded on an SD card that fits into the unit. Gas stations, Tim's, hotels, repairs, it is all listed. Even the smallest of streets are listed. I have been using it in my car and love it. I tried it on the bike securing it in the clear map section of my tank bag. I decided on the Magellan Explorist XL for several reasons. SD card allows all of North America to be loaded, largest color screen of the hand helds, takes regular AA or rechargeable batteries, runs 19 hours on batteries, very easy to use, waterproof, encased in rubber for shock and vibration, and the list goes on. I don't want to mount the unit on the bike I don't think. I am not sure if I like the look. I don't really want to have my big tank bag on all the time either so has anyone come across a magnet mount gps holder?

Steve

you would want a magnet to stick your gps to the tank? call me paranoid, but wouldnt you be afraid your expensive gps falls off? what about the regular RAM mounting systems they sell for the motorcycle?
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

It works like a tank bag. Same type of setup with the magnets. There is a zippered pocket and it is tilted toward the rider. I have come across them before but can't seem to find them now on the net. They are designed just for gps' so you don't need to have the mounts on the bike.

Comment

Working...
      X