Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Larger engine in Kat...1127 overbored to 1350?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are all bandits 5 speed. Even the 01-05. And if so, is it possible that my 750 stock six speed would work if switching is possible, which I believe mating surfaces would allow.

???????????????????????????
    "Keeps it movin"

"Mean people SUCK......Nice people Swallow!"

Comment

Please everyone keep your eyes peeled for me.....I still aint found a b12 yet. I seen about 10 bikes (whole bikes), but no motor/trans only. I am getting so desperate, I am contimplating something stupid!

Buy a Bandit 1200 for around 3500, just for the motor, then swap both of then 750 to 1200 and 1200 to 750. Then try to resell the Bandit, labeled w/ a 750 engine.

What do yall think? Or would I be better off trying to sell whats left of the Bandit and the 750 motor/trans seperately on ebay or something like this?

Either way, I still have a few unanswered ?s, like is it possible to tranny swap?
      "Keeps it movin"

"Mean people SUCK......Nice people Swallow!"

Comment

Look for either a wrecked or salvage bandit, and yoink the motor and parts you need - sell the rest to a wrecking yard to make back some more cash. Or, you could do the double swap and sell an entire bike - it might save you a bigger chunk of cash there....

Tranny swap is definitely possible - I just don't think anyone really knows what'll fit or not.

BTW, for anyone who cares, here is the breakdown for my motor build:

Motor, carbs, CDI, coils, harness - $1800
        1216 big bore kit - $549 parts/$420 labor
        GSXR intake cam - $189
        Top end oiler - $219
        Stage 2 jet kit/pods - $278 parts/$35 labor
        OEM parts, gaskets, o-rings, allthatnonsense - $201
        Machining head - $114
        Bore cylinders - $175
        Head porting/polishing stage 1 - $400
        5* timing advancer - $53
        14" Holeshot comp2 highmount can - $419
        Holeshot comp2 header - $409

Total Parts: $2316.51
        Total Labor: $1144.00
        Total cost: $5260

I think it's safe to say that you could probably buy another Katana for that much.
        FrankenKat 1216
        GS Fiter 816
        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Dood, if that was the price to bore all four cylinders, you got away rather cheap in my experience (I've seen standard prices in the $350 - $500 range for all four).
          If you go Nikasil coating on the bores as well, the price can easily shoot to over $1k for the machine & coating processes.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that 1127 engine is going to be a 5 speed as well.

And for the record, I love my 1127 Gixxer engine
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yep stick to the 1216, you will get more than enough power with it, if you need more just put more juice to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                Everything above a 1216 you'll need to resleeve and honestly, once you start to go that large your getting into the range where it will be less and less streetable. I may be wrong but you may need a different block to go as large as a 1340cc.

How much HP are you looking to gain really? With a stock motor, jetting, and exhaust you can get into the 115-120hp range. Add gsxr cams and add a few more HP. I've seen B12 motors with a 1216 overbore, gsxr cams, porting, jetted cabrs, and exhaust work putting out around 160hp. Do a 1216 with busa pistons, the above mentioned work and a urbo and you're over 200hp.
                if I remember correctly, you can go as high as 1250something before you need to do block work, and that consists of boring the block to allow clearance for the larger diameter piston skirts....so they don't hit the block.
                And with a stock motor there is more than 115-120hp. My 1100 kat lists it as 136hp totally stock. he should get 140 with jetting and exhaust upgrade.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X