X

1996 GSXF Katana value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 GSXF Katana value

Hey guys, I'm wondering if you can help me out with the value of a bike I'm looking at. It's a 1996 Katana with 21k miles. Test drove it today, seemed like it ran/shifted/stopped good. Needs an oil change though, thats all I could get the dealer to tell me it needed.

My question is how much is this worth, or how much would you pay for it? It was clean, didnt have any obvious signs of a crash and it looked pretty original. The dealer is asking $2300 which I think is too much. Its a first bike for me so I'm not looking to spend much, but I am looking for a decent bike thats not gonna leave me stranded and I'm anxious to start riding for the summer.

I know theres a blue book and stuff like that, but are those things accurate on the price? I'll try to deal with the dealer if the blue book price is accurate, but I dont know what I should be bringing up to drop the price down.

Thanks alot

Well, the price is kind of high but that varies from state to state. Blue book puts the bike at $1,600 - $1,650. If you have any pictures that may help in choosing a reasonable price. Personally, I think the price is too high. What engine size are you looking at btw?

Comment

$1k-$1500 if it's clean and needs no maintenance, check the tires and chain.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

seems kind of high for a 600 jmo
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

way too high imo. 1500 max just look at the used market for reference point

Comment

Working...
          X