Katana 750 fuel milage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 fuel milage?

What have you guys calculated it to be?

I have estimated 35mpg; figured it would be 40-something if I rode real conservative.

I got 44 with my 01 750 running on a 55mph highway for about 3 hours
    and thats with getting on it for some twisties and passing people but
    normally I get around 37-40 average. It can be said that I have a vac leak
    somewhere and a newly developed exhaust leak so I dont get what I should

Comment

its all completely subjective.. if I'm roaring around with ther speed grip ON... not so good...but on a trip to the rally in 10, I was getting about 60mpg in 6th on the slab.

I rode from Salem VA(filled to the brim in Salem) to Robbinsville NC on a single tank... I put 5.1 gallons in at the Texaco in the middle of Robbinsville

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Had my '85 750 out last weekend on a 260-mile ride. Started with a full tank. We stopped and topped up at 90 miles, which took 2 gallons, so right at 45mpg. Then we ran 140 miles (I had to switch to reserve a few miles before we stopped) and it took 3.5 gallons to fill back up, so 40mpg. The factory rating was about 50mpg, so I think that's pretty good. Especially having a big-bore kit, aftermarket pipe and pod filters that necessitate much larger jets than stock. Apparently I ran it a bit harder after the first stop
        Brian Rogers
        '85 Katana 750, lots of mods
        '82 Katana 1000, all stock
        http://www.rupelli.com

Comment

depends on city or slab . obviously .... hi-eva. this past tank was 44.6 and the tank before was 42.4. im not a hot rodder and ride my bike for the open road and cheap commute. and i look damn good rollin down the road. not really im a legend in my own mind . im rollin a 05 ----750 and my only mod is a yoshi pipe. and plenty of wax... im cracking myself up...
          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

last two rides in the mtns I got 50 and 53 mpg. I've been riding slower since my performance award. that's with a stage 1 FP kit.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

My 04 750 was better than a dressed Yamaha Venture and or a V-star
              We would all leave in the morning full of fuel and I would usually not need to stop and get fuel until I got back home
              The one time I did need to stop early in the day I teased the other guys that it was my first time buying fuel that season
              never did the numbers ,just watch the gauge

the 1200 Bandit is much more thirsty
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

My 93 750 averages 35-36 that's a mix of highway and city
                ----USMC combat vet----
                07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
                  My 93 750 averages 35-36 that's a mix of highway and city
                  I added 10-15mpg on my 93 750 by simply replacing the emulsion tube/needle jets. When worn, the mpg goes down pretty significantly.

I'm at 45mpg + now, with full exhaust and stage 1 fp kit.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm going to have to look into doing that
                    ----USMC combat vet----
                    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

I just got 41 mpg with my wife on the back. That was about 110 miles of 50% highway and 50% 45mph roads. Cruising 70mph on the highway.

The tank before was all mixed and solo and I only got 38. Of course, it was also more spirited riding!
                      '93 GSX750F

Comment

If you're really interested ... you can read through my log book and get a good idea how economy fluctuates with usage type. But - 45mpg average and a best of 51mpg.

Comment

Working...
                        X