X

Deciding on my new bike...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    EDIT: The first year on my Katana I carried liability only for $210 a year, then when I got my 636 a year later it was $140/yr for liability. Right now I'm carrying $50k collision and $100k personal injury for a whopping *dun dun dun* $250/yr.
    Yea, my katana was 80 a year and my Gsxr 750 is 85 a year.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      Yea, my katana was 80 a year and my Gsxr 750 is 85 a year.
      Yep, dem SS bikes is sooooo 'spensive...

Love reading that plastered all over this board

Everything ELSE is more expensive, just not insurance.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

just don't live in NH haha insurance is outrageous for bikes
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input!! The gsxr didn't work out, someone offered him asking price lol and the 636 was alright, but after seeing and sitting on the cbr I'm sold lol the lines are so sexy on her and two bros pipe makes it sound so nice. So yeah ill get pics up once I'm not on my phone. Purchasing Tuesday because banks are closed today and tomorrow. Like most I'll be staying on this forum as well as a cbr one, but again thank you everyone for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFetus View Post
            Thanks for everyone's input!! The gsxr didn't work out, someone offered him asking price lol and the 636 was alright, but after seeing and sitting on the cbr I'm sold lol the lines are so sexy on her and two bros pipe makes it sound so nice. So yeah ill get pics up once I'm not on my phone. Purchasing Tuesday because banks are closed today and tomorrow. Like most I'll be staying on this forum as well as a cbr one, but again thank you everyone for your input!
            Dont be drawn in by go fast parts or **** that makes a lot of noise, buy the one that was taken care of...just FYI...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I gotta agree, two bros is always a good selling point.

Comment

If my 636 wasn't bone stock, I wouldnt have bought it

I'd rather pay an extra $1k for a totally stock bike than $1k less for a bike with $3k worth of extras.

Comment

Off topic but damn I need to get out of MI I pay almost 500/yr
                  for "full coverage" on my 01 750

Comment

Yeah two bros wasn't selling point, just kinda an extra YAY on there lol the cbr itself was a selling point everything is stock, other than two new tires.

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                      Off topic but damn I need to get out of MI I pay almost 500/yr
                      for "full coverage" on my 01 750
                      I'm paying $76/yr for liability in NJ, one of the highest insurance rate areas in the US. Let's see, $500-$76=$425/yr difference. Totaled '01 750 would pay out what, maybe $2,400 according to KBB. Unless you total out a bike every 6 years (what would THAT do to your rates??) you'd be better off putting that extra money in a savings account. I'd rather have the money in the bank.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                        I'm paying $76/yr for liability in NJ, one of the highest insurance rate areas in the US. Let's see, $500-$76=$425/yr difference. Totaled '01 750 would pay out what, maybe $2,400 according to KBB. Unless you total out a bike every 6 years (what would THAT do to your rates??) you'd be better off putting that extra money in a savings account. I'd rather have the money in the bank.
                        I think Michigan being a no fault insurance state is the highest
                        or it right up in the highest. The reason I have the most coverage
                        I could get is I have been off a bike for about 8 years so
                        I thought I would get it for a while than downgrade when
                        my bike legs came back

Comment

I don't know how you guys are getting such insane rates. My Kat is $246/year for full coverage and $100/$300/$100. I called about an r6 and they told me it would be north of $900 for that bike. Oddly enough an r1 would only be around $100 more than the r6.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
                            I called about an r6 and they told me it would be north of $900 for that bike. Oddly enough an r1 would only be around $100 more than the r6.
                            I own my bike outright, no financing. Also sleeps in a locked garage in an affluent neighborhood.

Gotta remember the value of the bike too, my 636 only books for around $3k IIRC.

Comment

I think in nh it has something to do with the lack of laws surounding bikes like no helmet law so statistically there are more injuries i know there are some compaines that just wont insure bikes at all
                              never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                              Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                              confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                              X