No announcement yet.
X

exhaust mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't effect ANYTHING. It's just a muffler. The headers and collector are stock. It sounds faster so you think it is. It actually makes zero difference in actual performance.

Comment

it will flow better if you grind out the welds in the header
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
      Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
      confused katana build

Comment

Sounds lika a Honda Civic SI...lol

Actually, it does not not sound bad on the video. It did sound like it had a bit of a flat spot midrange, but it could be from the bike being cold.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Sounds good not what I was expecting.
          Nice clean bike by the way.
          http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

that actually does sound pretty good. looks like it is sticking out kinda far from the bike, or does it just look like that on the video. I would be curious to see how that pipe is on backpressure. will it still need a jet kit if you are just after sound ?
            Last edited by MTpockets; 05-19-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MTpockets View Post
              will it still need a jet kit if you are just after sound ?
              No, just like no slip-on exhaust needs a jet kit. Weather or not you should have a jet kit is a different matter. You don't NEED one.

Comment

sounds nice! Did you have to do alot of work to make that fit?

Comment

Originally posted by blitz2190
                  idk about your area bu that pipe is an instant fail on inspection up here
                  Wait, there are inspections?

Sounds Good!
                  Last edited by dazuki; 05-19-2012, 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sounds really good, and looks good as well. Withouth looking at the back of the pipe, Id say is a motorcycle can to me, just has a really large outlet. Great sound thou, alot better sounding that the slip on tip I made for my bike.

tip.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by christianguitarest View Post
                      Sounds really good, and looks good as well. Withouth looking at the back of the pipe, Id say is a motorcycle can to me, just has a really large outlet. Great sound thou, alot better sounding that the slip on tip I made for my bike.

[ATTACH]23331[/ATTACH]

Just how do you live with your neighbors???... That has to be loud as hell.
                      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I put it in my rear...

After a little work I managed to move my exhaust. Though it did stick out a little on the side I wanted to do something different. Probably best that there are no inspections here. Though it can be loud it's not annoying it's not high pitched. Kinda throatie. A have two new pics on reposition.
                        Like I have said just trying new things to freshen up the bike to make it different.

max ammo!

Comment

Sounds cool!
                          btw., how come you have both head lights on even though you don't have your high beam turned on?

Comment

Headlights

Headlights came on that way when I bought the bike. I was second owner.
                            I assume it was made that way.

max ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
                              Just how do you live with your neighbors???... That has to be loud as hell.
                              It an experimental pipe I made. I bought a new stock pipe, so really quite, and took the old one, cut the 3 inches that goes into the header and attached a tip from Walmart. This is not what I ride with, I use the quiet stock pipe. Today I modded my pipe and added whats called a lolliepop baffle. I added 3 of them to the pipe. It dropped the db of the tip from 120 db at idol to 90. So now it sounds and runs properly, but again, this is for fun and my main pipe will be my new stock pipe, I like being sneaky, but its fun to be loud when I want to!

tip 2.jpg
                              tip 3.jpg
                              tip 4.jpg
                              tip.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by joseinfinity10 View Post
                                Headlights came on that way when I bought the bike. I was second owner.
                                I assume it was made that way.

hey Jose im up in gainesville. I would say lets go riding but im still working on my bike and waiting for parts to come in.
                                1990 katana 750

Add me on Facebook
                                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741205460

Comment

Working...
                                X