X

Guilt by association...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passing
    the crusier guys I ride with seem to forget when they pass a car that they need to give me some space to get around as well
    If I am going to pass someone its not to be on their front bumper

I had a HD guy a couple weeks ago efn with me , he thought he was going to pull away as I tried going around
    I spanked him with the Bandit, gave him a chance to catch up and then went WOT
    Last edited by rexazz2; 04-11-2012, 05:57 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Many years ago I was on a benefit ride through the mountains on my then GPZ900 Ninja. Mostly Harleys but a few of us "rice rockets" they called us then.Was young and lived at home then. Of course dad had one of those emergency radio scanners. I get home later that day only to be grilled by dad because there was a high speed police chase involving two "ninja" bikes. He heard all this on the scanner because they #1 said my name over the radio stating they knew I had a bike fitting that description and #2 they came by the house looking for me. I then had to convince dad of the truth that I was on the ride by getting a few of the Harley guys to vouch for me.
      Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

How small a town was that?! Sounds like where I grew up.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          How small a town was that?! Sounds like where I grew up.
          Was definetly smaller town then than now, but dad knew 1/2 the police force.
          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Definitly helps to know the police in your town that way they dont mess with you on the other hand i always get to here from my boss how the avg life expectancy of an everyday motorcycle rider is only 7 years and that i need to be careful and other people telling me all kinds of crap about gear when i always wear a helmet jacket pants boots and gloves and my dad being the worst on his giant slug of vulcan nomad in only a tshirt and vest but at least wearing a 3/4 helmet and some what gloves and riding boots and jeans still aggravates the **** out of me when i always here from him how i need to wear my gear and blah blah and he only wears a jacket when its not hot which here in south texas is not often and i have only once not worn a jacket and that was to go to the corner store and when i got back i swore i would never ride without a jacket again it just doesnt seem safe without it . sorry for the longer story

Comment

when I was learning to ride my husband almost went to jail from arguing with the cop. I had my IP for a couple months when we came upon another group of riders at a stop light. The front 3 pulled wheelies when light turned, the cop insisted that he saw me do that. It had gone so far as a female cop was called so I could be arrested. My bandit would pull a wheelie with no problems, but since I was still learning to ride that wasn't in my list of things to try, I didn't have to hubby had already done it. Now once I had some expierence and some confidence we did do some stupid stuff like line em up.

Comment

I carry a plaque of a saint in my wallet that my grandmother had blessed because she was afraid I was going to act the fool when I got my bike. And now my mother worries to no end because I have been riding with my daughter alot... never mind that I have been riding for almost 20 years and have never gone down or had an accident while on the bike...or a ticket for that matter.

As for cops and generally being singled out, I was going to Loudon for the races with three friends. All of us riding along on 495 north. We were in heavy traffic in the left lane and staggered. We were doing the same speed as every other car on the road. We came upon two Troopers parked and talking by their squad cars in the midian. When they heard the bikes, one of them pulled up the radar and painted us. Did not do it to anyone else that was driving, just the bikes. Thankfully we were actually below the limit because of the traffic. It just goes to show that in some cases, we do just get singled out....
                "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Face it Nut-Nut, with those forks you just LOOK fast.

Of course with those bags you look like grandpa. You should send them to me.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The bags are cammo...lol makes it look slow...

and as for the forks, this was about 12 years ago...lol
                    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

havent been hassled yet but i just pretty much ride highway to work and back ................... theres always tomorrow
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X