X

Need help on 00 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on 00 Kat 600

My Katana 600 started acting up with the petcock valve going bad dumping fuel into the crankcase and back into the air box. Not a hard fix so I did it myself but then it would only rev to about 5000rpm so I decided to take it to a shop. 2 months later after they replaced the Stator, Carb Diaphrams and having it jetted the shop called and said they cannot solve the problem they were going to take it else where. They performed a compression check and all cylinders were great and the carbs were cleaned, they also said that all the valves were where they were suppose to be. Now I am stuck with a Katana I want to ride and can't because it breaks up at 5000 rpm. can anybody help with any ideas, i am at my wits end. Thanks guys.

Bad petcocks don't cause crankcases and airboxes to fill with fuel....bad float needles do. have those been replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by travcam82 View Post
      My Katana 600 started acting up with the petcock valve going bad dumping fuel into the crankcase and back into the air box. Not a hard fix so I did it myself but then it would only rev to about 5000rpm so I decided to take it to a shop. 2 months later after they replaced the Stator, Carb Diaphrams and having it jetted the shop called and said they cannot solve the problem they were going to take it else where. They performed a compression check and all cylinders were great and the carbs were cleaned, they also said that all the valves were where they were suppose to be. Now I am stuck with a Katana I want to ride and can't because it breaks up at 5000 rpm. can anybody help with any ideas, i am at my wits end. Thanks guys.

I think they ripped ya off, but...

Properly set up carbs will most likely resolve the issue.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yea i kinda found that out after I brought it home and it was missing horribly and found that number 2 cylinder plug wasn't tight nor was the wire on, I was told that you have to sync the carbs which i will admit i know nothing about bikes but i did end up finding a reputable guy who is going to work on it, hopefully the problem gets resolved.

Comment

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190686119714&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06[/ame]
          Those have new float needles and seats. If you're interested, PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X