Katana of the Month - August 2008  lee3645

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
idreamidrive
Skid Mark

Default Lurking

I recently "saved" a 94 Katana 600 from my sister. She has had it for many years, never road it, and has been sitting in a neighbors garage for probably 5 years. I recently went up to WI to ride Road America on my 03 Honda CBR600RR (ended up lowsiding turn 6) and picked up her bike to hopefully get running again.

I never really could get it to run with out having the choke all the way closed and then grabbing some throttle. This would make it some what idle in warmer temperatures, but never in colder. Guessing the carburetor needs to get rebuilt and probably the petcock too.

It is not in the best of shape. The front wheel is bent, but I have a spare (but in white). Somebody decided to paint the bike all black, except for the seat (which is now red) and the wheels were left purple, and put Air Jordan stickers all over the body. The bike was that sweet purple and black combo before. It is also missing most of the fairing hardware.

I hope to get in running and riding correctly before summer is over!
idreamidrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #2
shpielers
Kat Legend

Welcome.
Carbs would need a rebuild and clean. Read carbs 101 in the wiki for a how-to

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles
shpielers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Lunatic
Katrider

eBay ID: gixer11r

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get it up and running. At least it's one more saved from the crusher.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
idreamidrive
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpielers View Post
Welcome.
Carbs would need a rebuild and clean. Read carbs 101 in the wiki for a how-to
I am so mad at myself. Tore the carbs apart for the cleaning and as I am getting it back together I stripped the threads on the carb for the air/fuel screw. I really don't know how that is possible, but somehow I did it. I thought there might be some crap in it from drilling out the anti tamper plugs and just continued the crank down on the screw thinking it would fix its self as I don't know how you could cross thread that screw. But somehow I did. I am hoping the m6 x .5 tap I just bought from ebay will clean up the threads enough that I can fix it, but I am seriously doubting it. Yes, I know, I should tear about the carbs again to clean out the metal that is in that hole.

I was thinking about putting in a timesert or helicoil, but only size for m6 is 1.00 thread pitch. Anyone know of m6 x 1.00 air fuel screw that would fit if I have to go down that route?
idreamidrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions