Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike pulls in 1st with the clutch in? Terrible shifting...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike pulls in 1st with the clutch in? Terrible shifting...

I took my bike to the shop two weeks ago. I had a friend trailer it up there because I was at work, and only have a car. I get up to the shop and my bike is laying DOWN IN THE TRAILER! My friend said it went down on the first turn after my house, SO HE "JUST KEPT GOING". I check the bike out, and the whole choke assembly is loose and can move around almost freely. (Choke, horn, etc. assembly)

I get the bike back, and lately it has been pulling while stopped in first. It wants to die at a light since it can't move. (brake applied).

Also while driving last night and this morning, the bike almost never goes into or out of a gear without rev-matching, or reving it up. I usually can't find neutral until the bike is off.

Is my clutch gone? Can I simply adjust something to fix this?

Thanks,

Sam

I thought about that, but he was nice enough to go out of his way to load it and take it there for me. On the adjustment thing for the clutch, which way is tighter and which is more slack? (toward the grip or away from it?)

I started it up and went around the block just now, after tightening the actual lever which was also loose, (haven't adjusted the cable yet), and it seemed to help. Then again the bike ALWAYS runs better when I just start it, then acts up a few minutes into the ride.

Comment

Oh and I also am going to try shifting much faster. One of Cyber's posts said this while I was searching earlier. I was shifting laid back while commuting and crusing, and shifting fast only when I get on it.

Comment

Re: Bike pulls in 1st with the clutch in? Terrible shifting.

Originally posted by Black
        ...my bike is laying DOWN IN THE TRAILER! I check the bike out, and the whole choke assembly is loose and can move around almost freely. (Choke, horn, etc. assembly)

I get the bike back, and lately it has been pulling while stopped in first. It wants to die at a light since it can't move. (brake applied).
        My best guess is that the clutch lever or the pivot on which it rides is bad and the cable isn't moving all the way in it's travel as well.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Dood! I'd would SO be kicking hs a$$ for that one!
          as for the clutch problem, sounds like it's not disengaging all the way, try the adjustment at the clutch lever..

Comment

Cool. I first adjusted the clutch lever by moving the cable lock more toward the lever, which didnt help.
            I moved it away from it, and now it shifts like normal. The lever feels pretty tight, hopefully I'm not stretching the cable out...

thanks,

sam

Comment

Working...
            X