X

I am so MAD NOW!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so MAD NOW!!

I ordered a new chain and sprocket set from Sprocket Center for my 01 750 and I went to install the new parts today a found out they messed up Big Time!!!!!!!!!! I kept the 15T front sprocket but went to a 48T rear just to have a little more fun which came with a XSO chain at a good price but noooo instead of sending me the right length chain they only sent out a 116 link. I tell you when I got everything all ready to be finished off and found that it wasn't going to work I was probably cussing so loud they could hear me in Cali! Has anybody else ever had something like this happen from them before? This is like the fourth or fifth time I have ordered from them but this is a first.

It is possible that its boxed wrong or the wrong part # sent
    It can happen
    the true test is how the problem gets fixed
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Sounds like you need to borrow a chain stretcher then!
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I didn't hear you in "Cali". Or as the gov says Cali-4n-ya.

Comment

I'm sure they will take care of it I just hope it is quickly because both the bikes are off the road now and it has been warm.

Comment

What length chain did you order?

I thought OEM length is 118.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post

I thought so too, wouldn't you need a 121 link? 15/45 is 118 plus three?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Stuff like that happens when you mail-order. That's one of the reasons we need to support our local places. (And yes, I even mean the stealership.) I'm all for saving a buck but you've got to be willing to accept the risk of extended down-times while you wait on the mail to resolve a problem with your order.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post

no, oem 98+ 750 is 15/45 116. He would need a 120 link (chains don't come in odd link #'s). 118 MIGHT work too. I know 120 works with 15/50 and that should be 122.

Comment

When I ordered the parts you just tell them what you ride, front and rear sprocket size and they precut the chain for you. I just think some bonehead in the warehouse
                    wasn't paying attention.

Comment

I talked to Chad at Sprocket Center today and he said they will send out the correct chain tomarrow. They made this very simple and easy.

Comment

I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                          Sounds like you need to borrow a chain stretcher then!
                          like this one?
                          Attached Files
                          WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                          We Will Always remember!
                          sigpic

Comment

Either that or tie one end to a telephone pole and the other to the back of a truck and give it a couple good yanks. That'll do it.
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Get violent w/them!

Comment

Working...
                              X