X

Pulling to the left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling to the left?

Hi everyone, ive got a 98 750 katana. I recently have been rebuilding it, now once i have got it on the road i notice it pulls slightly to the left at speeds of about 60 mph +. My question is, could this be caused by the tires? Possibly because of it sitting for about 2 years not moving?

I couldnt find a single bend or scratch on the frame, so i figure something else. Any thoughts?

99 750

Originally posted by 2000gtallout View Post
    Hi everyone, ive got a 98 750 katana. I recently have been rebuilding it, now once i have got it on the road i notice it pulls slightly to the left at speeds of about 60 mph +. My question is, could this be caused by the tires? Possibly because of it sitting for about 2 years not moving?

I couldnt find a single bend or scratch on the frame, so i figure something else. Any thoughts?
    Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, yes it could be caused by the tires, either normal wear or broken belt. Could be the rear wheel is out of alignment, could be you are sitting on the bike lopsided (stop sitting on your wallet), could be the forks are tweaked, could be a bad bearing, could be a bent swingarm, could be a bent.... and the list goes on. Start by checking the rear wheel alignment, it is the most likely culprit.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

When you say "pulls" what do you mean? Do you actually have to keep pushing on one bar end (or pulling on the other) to keep it straight? Or do you mean it drifts when you take your hands totally off the bars?
      A wheel alignment issue is often only felt when doing the hands off check, whereas a "pull" that you need to constantly fight the bars to keep straight is indicative of a bent or broken motorcycle.

Comment

Considered a sticking left caliper?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My bet is the rear wheel alignment. How are the hand grips? If one is slightly bent it will aslo cause a feeling of a pull.
          sigpic

Comment

It is just barely pulling if i let my hands of the handlebars. Its not bad at all, but i just wanna make sure it gets fixed and doesnt get worse.

99 750

Comment

Working...
            X