Aftermarket Footpegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Footpegs

Hey kiddies,

I've been looking through the forum for the last couple hours and maybe it's just my ignorance, but our search feature sucks. How can I possibly search for anything about pegs when the search drops that word off???

Anyway... the rubber on my pegs (driver, not passenger) is starting to come up and the supports beneath are rusting. I want to replace just the pegs, not the mounts, with something aftermarket, preferably in billet aluminum. Unfortunately, nobody will advertise theirs as working on a Katana.

Are there any model interchanges I can look for or alternatively, has anyone actually installed different footpegs?
    1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
    -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
    -Corbin Seat

These will fit with a little adjustment... http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cm...np=&mmyId=2820

I got them for my 93 600 and I had to do a little sanding off each side so it would fit but once that was done they worked great. The only problem I've had is that I find it hard to get my whole foot on the peg, and end up dragging my toes quite often when in full lean. Footpegs haven't scraped yet though...

Comment

Just a tip, don't use the site search, it blows. Use the google search that drops down to the bottom.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

type this into google search

site:katriders.com pegs

or anything after site:katriders

Comment

Hmm, I may just have to bit the bullet and order and see what happens. I know I can always drill the hole larger and shave the sides as necessary to make it fit... but I want to know if something like this will fit nicely or if I will have to do some severe modifications.

I just want to avoid a lot of modification to the pegs/mounts to make it work so I know it will still be strong enough..

-Corbin Seat

Comment

Search for Katana parts on Google, there are several sites that sell aluminum pegs in colors for Kats.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Okay, just so we have some information up here...

My footpegs on my Pre 750 (1991) are:
              4.5" from the mount to the tip. This has a 4 3/8" rubber section on top. The rubber is apprx .5" thick and is 1 5/8" front to back near the mount but tapers to 1 1/4" front to back at the tip of the footpeg.

The mounting tab is approximately 5/8" thick and is rotated clockwise 35-40 degrees from the vertical (left side... mirrored on right). The mounting tab is 1" tall and 1" deep.

The peg seems to have a CCW (forward) rotation of about 5 degrees from the vertical.
              -Corbin Seat

Comment

Decided to take a chance on the Chinese produced pegs on eBay. I'll install them and jump on them a few times to test strength. No worries, I'll be posting pictures/video on how well these fit. Everythings looks to mount up pretty much the same. I'm just uncertain about that spring retainer so far but I can find a way to make it work too.

eBay item 280399953971
                -Corbin Seat

Comment

Twisted throttle also sells MFW Vario footpegs for the Katana that can be adjusted to eight possible positions.
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Working...
                  X