X

Restored 1994 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored 1994 750

A guy at work gave me this old 750. It didn't run and had been sitting on his patio for several years. I've been working on it for about 6 months in the evenings. It is 95% complete now. I've chronicled the rebuild on webshots.com. If anybody is interested here is a link: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563558323BHXdwu

very cool bro .. pics got a bit out of order early on .. but nice to see an old tired looking kat come back to life before your eyes .. welcome to KR btw
    so many roads so little time

Comment

Congrats and welcome!
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
        very cool bro .. pics got a bit out of order early on .. but nice to see an old tired looking kat come back to life before your eyes .. welcome to KR btw
        Thanks. Actually I just looked and I think the pics are in order. I took off all of the old purple/blue "miami vice" decals got it running and put it back together first. I wanted to make sure that it didn't have any major mechanical problems before I dumped any real money into it. I rode it around for a few days then I disassembled the whole thing for a major clean-up and repaint. Painted it yellow/silver and put it back together.

It has new tires, new brakes, new windshield, used forks and tank (lined with POR 15), new paint, rebuilt carbs (took several tries), recovered seat and one new mirror. I still need to add a few decals and the carbs need a little more tweaking. But it runs like a scalded dog and I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 in the whole thing.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice job. I just restored a 1990 GSX750. I probably spent way too much money and time on it, but it was fun bringing it back to life.

Comment

nice job, welcome to KR
              sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

Nice!! Another yellow kat!
                Welcome to KR.

Did you use rattle cans for that paint job?

Comment

Originally posted by Ulik View Post
                  Nice!! Another yellow kat!
                  Welcome to KR.

Did you use rattle cans for that paint job?
                  No, it's Dupont base/clear (Ford Zinc Yellow) sprayed in my garage with with an inexpensive HVLP gun. Came out pretty good I think. I still need to wet sand and buff a few spots to really make it really nice.

Originally posted by Speedratchet View Post
                  Nice job. I just restored a 1990 GSX750. I probably spent way too much money and time on it, but it was fun bringing it back to life.
                  I looked at the pics of yours that you have posted. It looks great!! I see that you removed the swingarm too. I was going to take mine off but got lazy and just wanted to be able to ride it. I'll probably take it off and clean and re-paint that area too after I get a few months of riding in.
                  Last edited by freeltm; 09-23-2008, 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I likes it!
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Nice work

Comment

Welcome to kr!

Comment

Awesome. Must feel good to finally get it working. Especially since you got it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                            Awesome. Must feel good to finally get it working. Especially since you got it for free.
                            I am stoked!! I just go back from the maiden voyage after finally getting it painted and the carbs pretty much straight. Probably ride it to work on Friday if the weather is good.

Comment

Great job!!!! Let's hope for sun on Friday!
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X