X

Another infamous question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another infamous question

We've heard this question asked hundreds of times but I might as well ask it again.

I have a stock 06 750 and I am wanting to replace the exhaust with an aftermarket slip-on. I'm looking for something that isn't as loud as D&D but definetly louder than stock, plus I do not want to re-jet. My price range stops at $300, so far i've found a Yoshi RS-3 for $273, Scorpion Round canister for $259, Two Brothers for $319(which I really want). Haven't seen/hear of many others out there. So my question is.....what exhaust would you recommend? I really like the way the Two Bros sound but they are alittle out of my price range. Arsenic mentioned to go with Two Bros or Scorpion. Also I have another question, what website has the best prices for these slip-on systems???? So far morepoweracing.com has the lowest prices. Thanks for help in advance guys.

ok go in the search box theres like 400000000000000000 threads on this topic.

heres a quick little outline

D&D is the loudest, its really raspy and if thats the sound ur goin for... annoying....get it.

scorpion is what i have. Its real racey sounding up high RPM and it has a nice growl to it at idle. It also has a lifetime warentee, never needs to be repacked unlike every other slip on, and if (god forbid) you wreck, you can send it back for 50% off a new one.

never herd a 2 bros. Tons of compliments from people on here... personally not worth the money.... a slip on will give you NO performance gain. Your lookin at about 5-10 lbs of weight lost but you get that with every slip on...and maybe 1hp gain in power only because they are straight instead of through baffles...but youd be lucky to get that.

yosh are probably the quietest of the slip ons for a katana. You must realise these are old low compression engines compaired to todays gsxr with real high compression....thus the real high pitch yosh race sound is lost with the katana. Love yosh... but made for gsxrs not katanas

next is hidle, never herd em, they seem to be pretty rare on KR but people like em...so whatever

thats about the only slipons id look at.... personally i thought the scorpion was the best buy....but if i had the extra money maybe id get the 2 bros.... but i dont...so i didnt

good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the help man.....just put in my order for the Scorpion Round slip-on from Parts411.com. These next 5 days won't come quick enough haha. I do have one last question...is there any difference between a 05 and 06 kat??? The reason being is bc I have an 06 but the scorpion ad said it would fit from 98-05. Hope there isn't a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcruiser View Post
        Thanks for the help man.....just put in my order for the Scorpion Round slip-on from Parts411.com. These next 5 days won't come quick enough haha. I do have one last question...is there any difference between a 05 and 06 kat??? The reason being is bc I have an 06 but the scorpion ad said it would fit from 98-05. Hope there isn't a difference.
        No difference in 98-06 (as far as a slip on is concerned). Shoulda bought a Hindle though

Comment

Well IMO you made the right choice. I also have the 06' 750. I went with the Scorpion Carbon Fiber unit. The best warranty in the business. No repacking.
          I've heard them all, and some i've never heard of. IMHO the scorpion sounds the best. Aggressive, yet not deafening. It'll bark out at the neighbors on command. or pass by in near stealth mode when necessary.
          I'm sure you will be happy. Enjoy !
          sigpic
          Dale Earnhardt, Adam Petty, Neil Bonnet, Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki ... And all other Members of Heavens 500. You will be forever missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
            Shoulda bought a Hindle though
            you're only saying that cause your Canadian

Comment

dang ed you really gave it to him i could sense some anger

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                you're only saying that cause your Canadian
                Gotta buy local Even though I bought my hindle off a guy from cali . Just bringing back home

Comment

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
                  dang ed you really gave it to him i could sense some anger
                  scorpion should pay me

Comment

I'll try to get some videos of it once I put it on. Im sure i'll like it......anything is better than stock. Actually I take that back, I'd rather have stock than the DIRTY DIRTY(D&D) haha

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcruiser View Post
                      I'll try to get some videos of it once I put it on. Im sure i'll like it......anything is better than stock. Actually I take that back, I'd rather have stock than the DIRTY DIRTY(D&D) haha
                      i have some check the links in my sig

Comment

You will love the Scorpion
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                          i have some check the links in my sig
                          WOW, you were really excited about that slip on and windscreen,huh?
                          sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                          RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                          I Miss You Pop
                          2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                          BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

You can hear some soundclips here http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html
                            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Awesome link! Now I'm absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Yoshimura is in fact the best sounding exhaust out there.
                              sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                              RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                              I Miss You Pop
                              2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                              BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Working...
                              X