X

Restoring my 84 1100 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring my 84 1100 kat

Hi fellas from Adelaide in South Aussie. Have had my old Kat for a while now and decided a couple of months ago to rebuild/restore her from ground up. I have had a lot of trouble finding parts but am getting there slowly, see pics of my progress any tips and hints appreciated Cheers Billy
    Piccy (1) before i completely stripped to bare frame Piccy (2) tank and body parts all repainted in two pac decals airbrushed couldn't find originals and i think the airbrush work by Troy at Nightmare designs look better than the originals
    piccy (3) frame soda blasted and repainted two pac forks rechromed and rebuilt
    Piccy (4) found a set of spoke wheels for her they are now back from being re polished and re spoked have new tyres fitted will go on when i get home next.
    The motor has been fully rebuilt with a big bore kit fitted,repainted in baked enamel will pick it up when i get home. Have braided lines to be fitted as well can't wait till i get home on thurs and start getting my baby back together.Will post more piccys of progress as i go along
    Does any one know where i can find a set of really good clocks mine are ok but the needles have faded and the bezel surround has a few dents in it Cheers Billy
    Attached Files

Beautiful bike.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

NICE! Welcome to KR!
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Nice, Welcome to the group!
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome.
          Nice Bike. Lots of luck with the resto and with finding parts quickly! Keep us posted!
          If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Welcome to KR
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR. That bike is very nice BEFORE you started.

Comment

Hi Billy....... I too am in Adelaide. Alot of new parts are still available from Suzuki. Great looking bike resto, it would be nice to see it displayed at the Katana Australia 30th Anniversary meet in Albury/ Wodonga in 2011.. Check the suzuki-katana.net website
                Their is a Katana Australia group here in Adelaide, for more info ring Red on 0407-391-948 Cheers Red...

Comment

Working...
                X