Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hello, Picked up a gsx600f in very rough shape for 100 bucks!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely the water ran down the forks and seaped in through the fork seal and dust boots.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Should still be good to use after I clean em up? Or should I look for a used set to rebuild?
      89 Katana, 07 Boulevard

Comment

Inspect them first, if they are pitted, they should replaced.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

No pitting, there was just a little surface rust on the outside which came right off with a light polishing, Gonna get them soaking and then they need painted, but getting very close to having it running well and safe! After that, I will just need cosmetic stuff like the mos of the plastics or decide if I want to run her naked for a bit... But, to me, the most important thing is that is is mechanically sound and roadworthy Woulda been a hell of a lot harder without this forum, Thanks again!
          89 Katana, 07 Boulevard

Comment

In my search for plastics I came across a 92 gsx750f part out with a bad motor. It has clean title, galfer brake lines, Vance and Hines exhaust, jetted, dyno 2000 controller. K&N intake (2 cone style) EBC front rotors/pads, powder coated frame/triple/forks white, racetech springs and emulator, all for the cowlings, in usable shape, and more im sure, and it was all for $200!

I suppose I could build 2 bikes, the 89 is done and riding well, but has no plastics and the frame/engine is still gnarly, the pipes are stock, rusted and painted, thinking ill swap the 600 motor into the 750 frame...

Or... rebuild the 750 motor, the cam chain broke, I have a lot of research, don't know if a motor is even salvageable in that condition? but the core motor could have replacement parts i can use?

If I use the 600 motor, then I will obviously take the carbs/airbox with it, just don't know if I have to rejet with the v&H exhaust, if the dyna 2000 controller will even come into play, or just how I'd set it up, although I am sure I will find the answers in this amazing forum, Just excited and wanted to post!

Here are some pics:

89 Katana, 07 Boulevard

Comment

The plastics from the front of the 750, if it has them, will fit the 600, and everything else but the tail fairings (without some welding that is)
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
              X