X

In regards to keys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to keys

Might be a dumb question. You are warned.

There is no difference between the keys on a post (2000) 650 and 750 is there? I need to get some copies, but I wanted these, and while 99% sure they will work, that 1% is nagging at me a bit.

Will work fine.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Will work fine.

Krey

Thanks for confirming!

Comment

Make sure you take out your key n compare the grooves to the pic they have.
        If they match, you can order without worrying

Comment

That brings a question to me that I want to put out there. I have a 2006 Kat 750, If I want an extra key made, do I have to make a trip to Suzuki dealer, or can I go to a local key maker and have ir made.
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty much any powesports place will do. I'd suggest calling around and asking a bit.
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Originally posted by Otis View Post
              That brings a question to me that I want to put out there. I have a 2006 Kat 750, If I want an extra key made, do I have to make a trip to Suzuki dealer, or can I go to a local key maker and have ir made.

Ace hardware has worked fine for me on multiple bikes (Suzuki, kawi, yammy).

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Otis View Post
                I had mine made at a locksmith. had the blanks in stock.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I know this is an old post but i was also thinking about getting the exact keys mentioned by the OP but my question is, do these keys have chips in them or just a good old key with no computer chip to be read?

Comment

Chipped key for a cheap katana ....... They are just keys.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Good luck! I've still been unable to get a spare key made for mine. Every place in town has failed me (including Ace, the dealer, and assorted locksmiths).

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                        Good luck! I've still been unable to get a spare key made for mine. Every place in town has failed me (including Ace, the dealer, and assorted locksmiths).
                        did you try Walmart? "ilco SUZ18" these are the numbers on my spare key.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                        X