No announcement yet.
X

Battery Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran a second wire spliced into the orange wire on the key side, under the tank and spliced it into the orange wire at the connector by the alternator. I am down to 14.93 from 15.23 or so. Not where I wanted it to be, but safe. Now here is where it gets interesting.

When I spliced my wire into the orange wire under the tank, it read the same as orange and only down a few decimals from red. When I splice it into orange at the connector, it read half a volt less. If I disconnect my wire from orange, it reads same as battery. When I attach it to orange by the alternator, both wires read half a volt down. Something is crazy with that orange wire. Considering jumping my wire directly to the wire coming from the alternator, but it is tight fit and I can't really reach in to work on that wired without removing the air box.

This was much, much easier than doing the relay and gave similar results, based on the numbers I have read.

Edit: 14.87

Edit II: 14.62. Going to mount a small cheap digital voltmeter to the dash. Seems like a good idea on an old Zuk.
    Last edited by TripleKing; 06-11-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X