X

gruggling at 50mhp?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gruggling at 50mhp?????

can anyone tell me why my bike is gruggling at 50 mhp. when im cruising and when i give it gas it gets worse for a second and then clears up till i start cruising again.i have checked the fule filter and changed the plugs and i also did the poor mans spark advance. which none of them seemed to help it was doing this befor i did anything to it if anyone can help please do.
    thanks
    jeff green aka 93katana600
    we are champions we ride suzuki

I am not sure what ''gruggling'' means. I can imagine 2 different things happening.

do you mean it is getting too much gas and you have to open it up to get more air in there? flooding out?

or are you missing gas....or spark? meaning it hesitates then kicks in?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

hesitates then kicks in like its not geting gas.
      and a realy bad flat spot at lowend when it doing it till i rev it up a cupple time then cleans up

Comment

Sounds like the CV slides on the carbs aren't responding appropriately. That would indicate either sticky slides (take them out, clean with warm water and dish detergent, dry, possibly coat with some silicone spray, reinstall) or a minor vacuum leak (missing carb sync port cap, etc).

What's happening:
        You're tooling along. Everything is pretty much static -- same RPM, same vacuum level, same fuel consumption, same basic heartbeat. Now you twist the throttle. This opens the butterflies further, which should increase the volume going past the initial venturi, drawing in more fuel. More fuel = going slightly rich = more vacuum. Vacuum that should raise the diaphram slide to bring the mix rate back to normal and make the whole equation static again.
        When you get a problem like this, the equation is getting screwed up by either not drawing in the extra fuel when you open the butterflies (clogged jets), or the system can't build the vacuum fast enough (because of a minor vacuum leak or bad valve clearances/bad rings meaning the vacuum isn't being created as it should), or the slide isn't raising up as fast as it should (because it's sticking in it's travel, held in place by a combination of grime & the forward pressure of the air passing across it). Some people say it's always the jets. On a bike as old as yours, I'm inclined to believe it's more likely to be a sticky slide.

Bit of techron in your last full tank of fuel you'll burn through before each oil change and whenever you wake the bike up for spring if you winterize it will help keep this from happening as well.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cyberpoet i was hoppeing you would give me some addvice ill check all that tomarow and agine thanks for all your help

Comment

well i did what you sed cyberpoet and it did not work

Comment

Then it's time to disassemble the carbs and clean the jets thoroughly as the next step -- spray carb cleaner and a stiff nylon bristle is what I use (some people use wire, but nylon won't scratch the jets and change their size).

Good Luck!

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My bike had a similar issue among others, like poor starting in the cold as well...early last summer. My carbs needed cleaned in the worst way, and I changed the plugs at the same time. Worked like a charm, no problems since.

Also you might notice it idling alittle higher, maybe 1000 rpm higher than normal, when it gets warmed up.

Comment

ok ill try that and ill keep you all up to date

Comment

Working...
                  X